Best little prison

De nada

All the likable rouges get their own show.

The world has gone mad, no doubt about it.

Will the lags get royalties too.

As much as some think different, I have no time for robbing, raping, murdering, mugging , assaulting, or drink driving twats.

May they all rot there.

Filming for titillation is obscene.

45 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Jesus H Christ, it’ll be on a par with Britain’s hardest pub

Where the hardman is in his eighties and sorts them all out.

That must have ben the most cringeworthy tv show ever and did jack shit for the island other than making us a laughing stock.

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

That must have ben the most cringeworthy tv show ever and did jack shit for the island other than making us a laughing stock.

The landlord didn’t last too long after that did he?

Just now, Neil Down said:
3 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

The landlord didn’t last too long after that did he?

Ha Ha. I have never been less proud to be Manx than when that abortion of a TV show aired.

Saddest thing was that I knew several of the "stars"

10 hours ago, dilligaf said:

The Hardman was that the old boy with a crewcut known as Yankee Frank...Forget his Manx name...

Allegedly he lived in Chicago when young and was driver for some gangster..Last I heard Frank was living in the sheltered housing off York Road/Murray's Road in Douglas...

Over 20 years ago I suppose a notice appeared in the paper for his 90th birthday saying Frank ...90 years young...

He was a regular in the Funland Leisure arcades in Douglas where I worked 1990-93...He got a police caution for smashing one of the machines and was often full of drink...

When in the Saddle pub in Douglas  he was mocked by a lad of 23 and knocked him spark out with one blow and he was I was told he was 84 then... The lad did not bring charges being too shamed knocked unconscious by an old man.

Frank Eastwood then landlord of the Waterloo in Douglas knew him Yankee Frank and said that despite his age he was still a powerful man and retained much of the life he had once lived   in Chicago..

9 hours ago, woolley said:

Inspired by Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.

I  saw the original show in a little theatre on Westheimer, Houston about 1980.  I knew people who had been to the La Grange chicken ranch as it was called.. Texas A & M Uni had sort of initiation ceremonies there. In the Depression clients paid with chickens ie one chicken one screw and the birds were kept in pens hence chicken ranch..The juke box in the waiting room charged one Dollar a tune if anyone remarked on this high charge the girls would say that it was the cheapest box in the house...It closed in 1973 following exposure by Marvin P Zindler of Eye Witness News on local TV..He was still going in the 1980s exposing scandals...The whorehouse was dismantled and re-erected as a restaurant in Dallas and named the Chicken Ranch..There is also one called the Chicken Ranch in Islington, London...

2 hours ago, Barrie Stevens said:

The Hardman was that the old boy with a crewcut known as Yankee Frank...Forget his Manx name...

Allegedly he lived in Chicago when young and was driver for some gangster..Last I heard Frank was living in the sheltered housing off York Road/Murray's Road in Douglas...

Over 20 years ago I suppose a notice appeared in the paper for his 90th birthday saying Frank ...90 years young...

He was a regular in the Funland Leisure arcades in Douglas where I worked 1990-93...He got a police caution for smashing one of the machines and was often full of drink...

When in the Saddle pub in Douglas  he was mocked by a lad of 23 and knocked him spark out with one blow and he was I was told he was 84 then... The lad did not bring charges being too shamed knocked unconscious by an old man.

Frank Eastwood then landlord of the Waterloo in Douglas knew him Yankee Frank and said that despite his age he was still a powerful man and retained much of the life he had once lived   in Chicago..

No Barrie, the old boy in the prog was not The Yank, ( Frank Shimmin ). Frank is still going strong at 80+, still lives in his own house and apart from his van, still rides a push bike daily. I still wouldn’t argue with him either.;)

3 hours ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Why is it whenever I read your posts, the theme tune for Jackanory is in my head

Archived