Epstein death.

Giri

12 minutes ago, quilp said:

Fundamentally, it is considerably different. 

11 minutes ago, woody2 said:

what? :rolleyes:

From what I have read, Epstein groomed these girls through bribery (gifts, etc) until they effectively didn't realise that they were being taken advantage of. The horrid gangs like those in Rotterham employ the same techniques (bribed with gifts). Admittedly they didn't have access to private jets and private islands, but the fundamental principle behind it is the same. It is abhorrent regardless of who is doing it. This really isn't an issue to revert to whataboutism on and I sincerely hope that neither quilp or woody2 are looking for excuses for anyone who used Epstein's services.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

... I sincerely hope that neither quilp or woody2 are looking for excuses for anyone who used Epstein's services.

Well what do you think? If you think there's a possibility we are, JUST SAY SO, DON'T MINCE YOUR WORDS!!!!

FFS!!!! 

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

What do I think? I think these sorts of actions and crimes are abhorrent regardless of who commits them. Presumably you agree with that?

You don't need to ask. 

Just now, P.K. said:

How about answering this?

How about answering my question to you first? What were you laughing at? 

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I asked first.

Fourteen hours ago in fact.

Righto. It is not illegal in the UK for a bloke, regardless of his age, to have sex with a 17 year old male or female. This is legal and true regardless of your, or the sultana's subjective disgust.

Do you understand now? If you have an alternative suspicion about my motive for pointing this out- say so. 

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

Righto. It is not illegal in the UK for a bloke, regardless of his age, to have sex with a 17 year old male or female. This is legal and true regardless of your, or the sultana's subjective disgust.

Do you understand now? If you have an alternative suspicion about my motive for pointing this out- say so. 

So you think that folks don't know what the age of consent in the UK is. So you took it upon yourself to remind them?

25 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Ah yes. The lovely Jacqueline. Thanks for that.

Can't get out like I used to. My "perfect lifestyle" ended back in July 2006.

Dear me. Really scraping the barrel now....

It's a deep and embarrassing barrel where you're concerned corporal. 

The key issue in all this is not the age of consent in the state/country that it took place in nor the morality of a 40 or 50 year old having sex with someone much younger.  The age of consent debate needs a whole other conversation. 

This case should be all about whether the women involved were deliberately groomed to have sex with Epstein and his friends.  It is about whether positions of power and authority were abused.  Finally It is about whether consent was freely given.

As Mojo has said there are similarities with the Rochdale grooming gangs, and there may also be connections with modern slavery and people trafficking.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, quilp said:

It's a deep and embarrassing barrel where you're concerned corporal. 

I'm not embarassed at all.

Why should I be? A lot of folks thought I was living "the perfect lifestyle" and I must say I did have a great deal of fun.

You remember fun? Or maybe not....