Epstein death.

Giri

36 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

There should be a whole other discussion around this and a standardisation of when a person is considered to be an adult.

It’s certainly confusing. There are so many contradictory ages for entry into adulthood, driving, joining up, sex, marriage, voting, standing for parliament, total minefield.

The part that caught my ire, was the "oh no it must be a lie, you see after seeing combat in the Falklands, an overdose of adrenaline stopped me sweating for over 20 years.  So you see, she must be lying because I couldn't sweat at the time.  I have since learnt to sweat again, so you know, that helps."

That and his utterly piss poor acting and pretending to be "shocked" at the various accusations.

I was shocked when Epstain managed to only get off with an 18 month sentence (reduced to 13) and fine for the trafficking of young girls.

26 minutes ago, quilp said:

Raised to 16 in 2009, from 13. 

and? The question was how old in Spain, presumably now not in the past. I certainly wouldn't recommend it as the basis for a defence in court!

All of this is irrelevant really. A person has to be judged against the laws of the land where an offence is committed. At the very best Prince Andrew has been incredibly naive in his association with Epstein. Epstein was convicted of child prostitution years earlier and was well known to "arrange" young females for men. Notwithstanding the question of whether those females were above the age of consent or not it is questionable whether consent was really there, they were groomed. Nasty business for nasty men.

Edited by mojomonkey

34 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

and? The question was how old in Spain, presumably now not in the past. I certainly wouldn't recommend it as the basis for a defence in court!

All of this is irrelevant really. A person has to be judged against the laws of the land where an offence is committed. At the very best Prince Andrew has been incredibly naive in his association with Epstein. Epstein was convicted of child prostitution years earlier and was well known to "arrange" young females for men. Notwithstanding the question of whether those females were above the age of consent or not it is questionable whether consent was really there, they were groomed. Nasty business for nasty men.

and the clintons involvement........

17 minutes ago, woody2 said:

and the clintons involvement........

and anyone's involvement. It is not a competition or something to be dismissed with whataboutism. This is not an issue to take sides on, anyone involved in it is an abhorrent individual. Fundamentally it is little different to the horrid people who groom in places such as Rotterham.

10 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

and anyone's involvement. It is not a competition or something to be dismissed with whataboutism. This is not an issue to take sides on, anyone involved in it is an abhorrent individual. Fundamentally it is little different to the horrid people who groom in places such as Rotterham.

what? :rolleyes: