Epstein death.

Giri

16 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I completely agree with you here. I’m amazed to see anyone sticking up for any middle aged man shagging a press-ganged teenager in this situation. 

Who is sticking up for anyone? It was pointed out to you in your outrage that under English law he's committed no offence, that is all. I certainly wasn't rushing to his defence. Whether it's morally reprehensible for a 41 year-old (his age at the time) to have sex with a 17 year old, is subjective. It is not uncommon, whether gay or straight and it's not illegal.

Did the Stupid Prince know the score about the grooming and trafficking of Epstein's girls? Hm-mm, probably not, he comes across as naive and foolish, which he must be if he thinks the media are going to swallow that interview.

Edited by quilp
Age incorrect. 41 not 43...
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Did the Stupid Prince know the score about the grooming and trafficking of Epstein's girls? Hm-mm, probably not, he comes across as naive and foolish, which he must be if he thinks the media are going to swallow that interview.

As it was one of his best friends employing these girls to have sex with fat middle aged blokes you make a lot of supposition in your rush to attempt to excuse such alleged reprehensible behaviour. 

25 minutes ago, P.K. said:

You're having a laugh!

In any event I suspect all those who post on MF have access to Google.

No, deadly serious. Tell us. Good chance you’ll be wrong.

Your inability to answer a simple question, and referral to google, is putting you into W2 territory

3 hours ago, P.K. said:

It's crackpot to think anyone needs reminding of the age of consent.

But you felt you had to point out the young ladies age was 17.

Why was that?

It was me that pointed that out, I wasn't saying it was right, it may disgust some people but it's not illegal to have sex with a 17yr old, at least in the UK and New York State it seems.  

Edited by Max Power
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

No, deadly serious. Tell us. Good chance you’ll be wrong.

Your inability to answer a simple question, and referral to google, is putting you into W2 territory

Not an inability to answer the simple question JW, an assumption that is incorrect.

In the UK it has been 16 for heterosexuals for my lifetime at any rate.

On the IOM it was 18 until I departed. But it changed quite a while ago iirc.

No idea about relationships other than heterosexual.

ETA - I'm not trying to give the impression that it changed because I had left btw.

Edited by P.K.
Poor grammar

According to the Grauniad it seems that Air Miles Andy thought the Q&A session had gone so well he gave the Beeb crew a guided tour of Buck House.

We already know how suspect his judgement is but if he thinks it went well it just makes me think what else has he got to hide....?

5 hours ago, P.K. said:

Not an inability to answer the simple question JW, an assumption that is incorrect.

In the UK it has been 16 for heterosexuals for my lifetime at any rate.

On the IOM it was 18 until I departed. But it changed quite a while ago iirc.

No idea about relationships other than heterosexual.

ETA - I'm not trying to give the impression that it changed because I had left btw.

And there you go. Wrong. It is 16 in GB, but 17 in NI. It’s never been 18 in IoM, either.