Travelling Wrong Way on 'The Course'

foxdaleliberationfront

14 minutes ago, Gizo said:

The TT lovers are like the remoaners. They don’t like the fact there is an alternative. So they belittle everyone who has the alternative view, who don’t agree with there one dimensional aspect. 

Or in reality - they give up when after years of trying they realise that some people don't want a debate. They resist any attempt to engage.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

Honest question Chris, I'm spending my afternoon online, checking in and out between boring company monthly accounts. 

On the other hand, it's a glorious sunny day, the first day of decent weather for the motorbike fans, but you're sat there replying to this thread, why?

I'm not sat anywhere,  I've been painting the spare bedroom and have just got back from visiting my neighbours. Good news they have a freezer full of damsons and some spare jam pot covers. PM me your address and I'll drop them round. What makes you think I'm a race fan?

We all know motoracing is inherently dangerous but racing around the TT circuit with the current rocketships is a quantum leap beyond that. I don't think the course can be made any safer and so the only mitigating factor i can see is speed. How about restricting machines to 90mph? Although slower it could lead to some very close racing.

13 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

We all know motoracing is inherently dangerous but racing around the TT circuit with the current rocketships is a quantum leap beyond that. I don't think the course can be made any safer and so the only mitigating factor i can see is speed. How about restricting machines to 90mph? Although slower it could lead to some very close racing.

Ha ha ha, suggesting speed limits for road racing. Are you Ray Harmer? 

15 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

Here’s an idea, how about banning racing on the road. Go play on a private funded track. 

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Ha ha ha, suggesting speed limits for road racing. Are you Ray Harmer? 

they have  limits in F1 by limiting fuel use and engine size,  the problem nowadays is a 600 can do what a 1000 was doing a few years ago.

Plus it was a race for "classic" machinery rather than contemporary so theoretically slower. Although with the amount of modern knowledge, thinking and engineering incorporated into the "classics" it's a piss take anyway.

Not that it makes any difference now, sadly.

Archived