Post Office HQ evacuated

Dave Angel

5 minutes ago, finlo said:

A certain troublesome young chap who has "gone to ground" allegedly ordered some sort of bomb making kit online is the story I was told.

Maybe he runs a business on Douglas Prom....? :lol:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, finlo said:

A certain troublesome young chap who has "gone to ground" allegedly ordered some sort of bomb making kit online is the story I was told.

I heard that following a threat against someone, fireworks were ordered by the person making the threat? A bit of a damp squib if that's the case ;) 

48 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I heard that following a threat against someone, fireworks were ordered by the person making the threat? A bit of a damp squib if that's the case ;) 

That'll be somebody from Onchan then... :whistling:

I found these comments quite interesting and at the same time quite threatening. Does he expect people to keep quiet and say nothing until our country bumpkins make decisions

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=53515&headline=In this week's Manx Independent: Our birth rate has dropped much faster than our neighbours'&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2020

paragraph 15

Hasnt HRH The Chief Minister got an annoying habit now of slapping protestors down with his comments? Pathetic he can’t take criticism!

51 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I found these comments quite interesting and at the same time quite threatening. Does he expect people to keep quiet and say nothing until our country bumpkins make decisions

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=53515&headline=In this week's Manx Independent: Our birth rate has dropped much faster than our neighbours'&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2020

paragraph 15

Hasnt HRH The Chief Minister got an annoying habit now of slapping protestors down with his comments? Pathetic he can’t take criticism!

That's all very interesting but what has that to do with the PO being evacuated?

From 3FM news:

A man has been arrested after a suspicious package was found at Post Office Headquarters. 

The package - which was found by a member of staff last week resulted in the evacuation of the building.

Now, Police have confirmed a 21-year-old man from the north of the Island has been arrested for the offences of; attempting to cause explosion, making or keeping explosives with intent to endanger life or property and another offence endangering public safety.

Officers say the man has been assisting detectives with the ongoing investigation and is currently on police station bail.

Authorities Say they  won’t be disclosing the contents of the suspect package at this time.

Archived