Tricast Podcast

The Duck of Atholl

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

Retired copper and anti bullying campaigner now in tourism. He probably posts on here to be honest on account of the fact that, despite seeming like an ok fella, he seems to be blathering on about very little on various forms of social media for about 20 hours a day. 

I think he was a Port Erin Commissioner for a bit. 

Other than that all I remember was a horrid gloating peace in the local paper from when he was a copper. Some kids were having a party on the Spaldrick Beach, like their parents and grandparents had and there were a few bottles of Merrydown or whatever the toxic underage booze of choice was at the time. So PC Power, off duty, is having a stroll up Bradda, sees this and calls in the SPG to crack a few skulls*. Next week he's in the paper hailing it as a triumph of community policing. 

* may actually have been the local plod on duty turning up to suggest they kindly disperse. 

On 1/30/2020 at 7:05 AM, The Duck of Atholl said:

Anyone listened to this? A podcast by Ged Power with Derek Flint and Michael Josem discussing stuff like the future of the Island and the Liverpool ferry terminal etc. I thought it was a good listen

it must be like the three stooges but without the laughs.

So a few blokes (two of whom I know) decide to produce a podcast that costs none of you anything, yet you lot can't wait to criticise and condemn? At least Ged and Derek have created something.

Why don't you make your own podcast(s) and let's see how you do. 

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

So a few blokes (two of whom I know) decide to produce a podcast that costs none of you anything, yet you lot can't wait to criticise and condemn? At least Ged and Derek have created something.

Why don't you make your own podcast(s) and let's see how you do. 

Podcasts are well old fashioned, like Radio just cheaper,  totally support your idea of replacing all Manx radio content with cheap podcasts of old men wittering at no cost to any of us though.

Hey, nobody has to listen to them. 

I have only recently become a ‘consumer’ of podcasts. I’m interested in what other people are doing and saying on various topics. There is so much resource out there. I listen to them when on the turbo trainer for an hour. 

They are a bit ‘niche’ for sure, but it’s a wide world out there, and we all consume our information in different ways. There might be something we say that sparks an interest, and a debate. It’s important we are all talking. 

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Hey, nobody has to listen to them. 

I have only recently become a ‘consumer’ of podcasts. I’m interested in what other people are doing and saying on various topics. There is so much resource out there. I listen to them when on the turbo trainer for an hour. 

They are a bit ‘niche’ for sure, but it’s a wide world out there, and we all consume our information in different ways. There might be something we say that sparks an interest, and a debate. It’s important we are all talking. 

I've started listening to a guy named shaun attwood. True crime. Very good. If you're into that sort of thing I'd reccomend it

On 1/30/2020 at 11:19 AM, doc.fixit said:

What's a podcast?

It's a bit like a radio show, without a radio station. Available to listen whenever you like online.  So with the lower infrastructure costs they can appeal to niche interests scattered worldwide. 

It's proven to be an innovative medium for telling stories, particularly true crime, on a low budget because audio clips / interviews can be done by phone rather than flying to a location to film and because the format gives more space to tell the tale than a radio news report or one off documentary could.

It's also good for allowing experts and enthuiasts a platform to share their passions. 

Sadly it is also used by egotist gobshites who think they have something to say to blather away to their equally dull mates. 

Archived