St. Ninian’s Lower School Incident

On The Bus

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Just read the Facebook rants, it's the school's fault, what are the government going to do about it? Why were ALL the parents not contacted straight away blah blah blah! It sounds like a minor incident which was quickly and properly dealt with.

Unfortunately with the way social media is there is no such thing as a minor incident these days

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Gah, kids today! I remember several lads bringing in their air rifles into school and no one batted an eye.

Thank goodness someone else said this, I read about the knife ‘incident’ today and couldn’t believe the sheer over reaction.

Perhaps with the invention of mobile phones, kids no longer bring in their dads fishing knife or BB gun/air rifles like some sort of show and tell. By far the most dangerous thing that was commonly used was actually a can of deodorant and a lighter!

3 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Gah, kids today! I remember several lads bringing in their air rifles into school and no one batted an eye.

It wasn't always a bit of a laugh. One shit used to bring in an air gun and shoot kids. He was a bully. Had been previously birched (it obviously didn't work for him).

Convicted of 15 years in jail for cocaine dealing (did the usual 7 or s0, but not before getting half the kids in village hooked on his shite.

2 minutes ago, gettafa said:

It wasn't always a bit of a laugh. One shit used to bring in an air gun and shoot kids. He was a bully. Had been previously birched (it obviously didn't work for him).

Convicted of 15 years in jail for cocaine dealing (did the usual 7 or s0, but not before getting half the kids in village hooked on his shite.

Would you say you've been fully rehabilitated now though?

47 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Thank goodness someone else said this, I read about the knife ‘incident’ today and couldn’t believe the sheer over reaction.

Perhaps with the invention of mobile phones, kids no longer bring in their dads fishing knife or BB gun/air rifles like some sort of show and tell. By far the most dangerous thing that was commonly used was actually a can of deodorant and a lighter!

When I was in the Scouts it was important to have a decent sized sheath knife to play 'split the kipper'. I still have my Bowie Knife, I daren't take it outside now though! 

12 minutes ago, Max Power said:

When I was in the Scouts it was important to have a decent sized sheath knife to play 'split the kipper'. I still have my Bowie Knife, I daren't take it outside now though! 

Mrs Mills joke shop used to have a splendid selection of daggers including those Gurkha kukri's!

50 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Yes, there was also a fair bit of drugs in school, mostly glue sniffers but there was a few who brought a bit of weed in or coke, again no doubt stolen from their parents. Alcohol also featured as did cigarettes, do kids sell vape pens or liquid instead now?

4 hours ago, Declan said:

I think it's the parents are the problem. 

One kid texts Mum with an exaggerated tale. She posts it on Facebook. Other Mums are join in. Try to ring the school. Can't get through because there's a 1000 Mums trying to talk to one receptionist. Mums convince themselves it's Columbine and descend on the school. 

In the past, you'd get home tell your Mum "Billy brought a knife to school", and she'd say "That's nice dear" becasue it was all over and done with when she got to hear about it. 

You’ve seen the Onchan Residents FB page then? That is almost a summary of every non dog poo related post made on there. You get the impression that most of the mums are housebound and on Prozac and are looking for any minor form of pointless hysteria to be generated on social media in order to keep them occupied until their kids get home. 

Archived