St. Ninian’s Lower School Incident

On The Bus

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kid with a knife.  No suggestion he tried to use it.  Probably just brought it in to show off.  

By all accounts, a somewhat poorly adjusted young man from a pretty unfortunate family background. 

Unfortunately I'd imagine he will get expelled and make it even more difficult for society to try and straighten him out. 

Just now, The Phantom said:

Kid with a knife.  No suggestion he tried to use it.  Probably just brought it in to show off.  

By all accounts, a somewhat poorly adjusted young man from a pretty unfortunate family background. 

Unfortunately I'd imagine he will get expelled and make it even more difficult for society to try and straighten him out. 

Hopefully not. By all accounts he is indeed from a poor family background but he himself is a nice lad. He is far too young to be thrown on the scrap heap

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

Gah, kids today! I remember several lads bringing in their air rifles into school and no one batted an eye.

Ah the good old days when you could shoot each other for fun...

3 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Gah, kids today! I remember several lads bringing in their air rifles into school and no one batted an eye.

Yep, I remember the same.  Anyone remember Gat Guns and those painful little darts they could fire (in addition to airgun pellets). 

I think it's the parents are the problem. 

One kid texts Mum with an exaggerated tale. She posts it on Facebook. Other Mums are join in. Try to ring the school. Can't get through because there's a 1000 Mums trying to talk to one receptionist. Mums convince themselves it's Columbine and descend on the school. 

In the past, you'd get home tell your Mum "Billy brought a knife to school", and she'd say "That's nice dear" becasue it was all over and done with when she got to hear about it. 

22 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Yep, I remember the same.  Anyone remember Gat Guns and those painful little darts they could fire (in addition to airgun pellets). 

If you were unlucky to get your air rifle confiscated by your mum and dad, then it was off to Frenchie's for one of these. The plague of the Saturday afternoon matinees in Douglas...

Image result for sekiden gun

take no notice of their use of the word accurate - they were,'t

Archived