St. Ninian’s Lower School Incident

On The Bus

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lower school in Douglas used to have the lower years and the upper had the upper and a lower year.

The lower now has the lower, higher up, while the upper has the upper, lower upper and upper upper lower down.

Staff have to travel up to lower from upper and down to upper from lower.

I cannot see what the problem is.

57 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

The lower school in Douglas used to have the lower years and the upper had the upper and a lower year.

The lower now has the lower, higher up, while the upper has the upper, lower upper and upper upper lower down.

Staff have to travel up to lower from upper and down to upper from lower.

I cannot see what the problem is.

You work for the government, don't you?

I remember when I was at school just over 20 years ago on the school bus some lad getting a can of lynx and a lighter and trying to set some girls hair on fire he actually managed to singe it. That was dealt with with minimum of fuss but I can only imagine if it happened today the mass hysteria on social media would be out of control. 

I'm glad I grew up in a time without social media.

31 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I remember when I was at school just over 20 years ago on the school bus some lad getting a can of lynx and a lighter and trying to set some girls hair on fire he actually managed to singe it. That was dealt with with minimum of fuss but I can only imagine if it happened today the mass hysteria on social media would be out of control. 

I'm glad I grew up in a time without social media.

I remember a similar incident about 20 years ago the kid doing the burning was beaten up by two boys who took it too far and ended up locked up for GBH. The Mannin Line was buzzing for days.

16 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Speaking as someone who has been knifed, had real guns pointed at them and with a martial background.   I would 100% rather facedown a person with a gun instead of a knife (up close). 

I remember being shot at with one of them from about 30 ft away.  I actually saw the pellet curve towards me. 

I managed to shoot myself with a baton round once, back in the day when health and safety on the range wasn’t quite what it was today. Richocet off the edge of a table we’d mounted a target on, 20 yards away. I could watch it spinning towards me as it came back up range. Hit me on the thigh and still had enough energy to leave a bruise like a map of India. 

As the government aren’t doing enough I wonder if any of these fantastic parents have tooled their kids up today for self protection. Although a spud gun would be a reasonable non lethal option. 

I should clarify, when I say ‘tooled up’ I don’t mean in the foxdale way.

1 minute ago, Chutney said:

As the government aren’t doing enough I wonder if any of these fantastic parents have tooled their kids up today for self protection. Although a spud gun would be a reasonable non lethal option. 

I should clarify, when I say ‘tooled up’ I don’t mean in the foxdale way.

I'd almost forgotten about them. Just checked and Amazon do a fantastic range. 

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

I managed to shoot myself with a baton round once, back in the day when health and safety on the range wasn’t quite what it was today. Richocet off the edge of a table we’d mounted a target on, 20 yards away. I could watch it spinning towards me as it came back up range. Hit me on the thigh and still had enough energy to leave a bruise like a map of India. 

Thank goodness you weren't in the Sweeney. 

8 minutes ago, manxst said:

https://147-5433bc3297b05.radiocms.com/news/isle-of-man-news/boy-remanded-in-custody-over-school-knife-incident/

so the kid has been remanded, but we can’t know who he is, despite the case having been held in an open court? 

They never* name minors. It's how things are always done.

*Apart from in extreme cases. This is not an extreme case.

Archived