Who did this guy piss off?

thesultanofsheight

6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

So the cops can’t win then.

When they apply the law people moan.

When they don’t apply the law people moan.

Hmmm

Correct, they manage to fuck it up at both ends of the spectrum...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gettafa said:

Derek, it is threads such as this that your experience is valued. If you don't mind me saying, your input so far hasn't been particularly reassuring

I’m grateful for the feedback. TBH I wasn’t trying to be.

It is a complicated bit of law, and on face value it doesn’t make a huge amount of sense. 

21 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Bit of perspective.

PAVA is a prohibited weapon under s.17b of the 1947 Firearms Act. Section 5 in the UK. It is innthe same category as a machine gun. 

He has got off lightly,

On the Isle of Man Section 17(1) of the 1947 Firearms Act states that:

It shall not be lawful for any person without the authority of the Department or the Secretary of State to manufacture, sell, transfer, purchase, acquire, or have in his possession —

[...] (b) any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing

Section 5(1)(b) of the UK 1968 Firearms Act is the same:

any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing

The problem here is how you define noxious - practically any household cleaning product might qualify.

47 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

On the Isle of Man Section 17(1) of the 1947 Firearms Act states that:

Section 5(1)(b) of the UK 1968 Firearms Act is the same:

The problem here is how you define noxious - practically any household cleaning product might qualify.

48 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

the definition all depends on who it is getting applied to or not.     i read somewhere a few years ago that someone was prosecuted for farting in a police car.

18 minutes ago, WTF said:

i read somewhere a few years ago that someone was prosecuted for farting in a police car.

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but when Cannell'ds bakery was still going - top of Broadway - there was one of the bakers was up in court for farting. There was a bit more to it than that, I think it was something like one of the women felt she had been bullied and dismissed and a list of all she had to put up with was listed. Anyway, the farting made the headline.

And Cannell's bakery food never did taste quite the same after that.

It closed soon after (1998?)

13 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but when Cannell'ds bakery was still going - top of Broadway - there was one of the bakers was up in court for farting. There was a bit more to it than that, I think it was something like one of the women felt she had been bullied and dismissed and a list of all she had to put up with was listed. Anyway, the farting made the headline.

And Cannell's bakery food never did taste quite the same after that.

It closed soon after (1998?)

Still , CAINS, at the top of broadway, made the best ever meat pies.

8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Still , Cannells made the best ever meat pies.

Yes, we all have great memories of the Strand Steet cafe (custard slices for me) and that dripping gravy on the pies was good stuff.

But as finlo suggests, latterly we all wondered....

Just now, finlo said:

Just don't ask what went in them!

Seriously though, they were by a country mile the best pies. We used to drive in from Union Mills most days to collect lunch for us hairy arsed truckers.

Nothing these days comes close. Ramsey Bakery beef pies, when cooked and the meat is brown, are superb. But nothing like Cain’s.

I think I said Cannells before, bu5 meant Cain’s

5 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Yes, we all have great memories of the Strand Steet cafe (custard slices for me) and that dripping gravy on the pies was good stuff.

But as finlo suggests, latterly we all wondered....

Not the same company. I mean Cain’s.

8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Seriously though, they were by a country mile the best pies. We used to drive in from Union Mills most days to collect lunch for us hairy arsed truckers.

Nothing these days comes close. Ramsey Bakery beef pies, when cooked and the meat is brown, are superb. But nothing like Cain’s.

I think I said Cannells before, bu5 meant Cain’s

The more shite that went in them the better they were!

Archived