Who did this guy piss off?

thesultanofsheight

14 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Bit of perspective.

PAVA is a prohibited weapon under s.17b of the 1947 Firearms Act. Section 5 in the UK. It is innthe same category as a machine gun. 

He has got off lightly,

Might as well tool yourself up with an Uzi then!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Bit of perspective.

PAVA is a prohibited weapon under s.17b of the 1947 Firearms Act. Section 5 in the UK. It is innthe same category as a machine gun. 

He has got off lightly,

Whoa! I had no idea. What about these in my cupboard?

painisgood-package.jpg

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Bit of perspective.

He has got off lightly,

How is a PAVA spray a firearm?

Especially as it's used by prison officers.

Not your fault Derek but even I know a machine gun is lethal and a pepper spray is not....

30 minutes ago, P.K. said:

How is a PAVA spray a firearm?

Especially as it's used by prison officers.

Not your fault Derek but even I know a machine gun is lethal and a pepper spray is not....

Banding together it is then...

4 hours ago, WTF said:

if it is a so called important person then it becomes not in the public interest to prosecute them even though they are bang to rights.

Yes. Most important people live in the 1970’s Lawyers belt of Falcon Cliff Court. Maybe a sleeper for the CIA or something equally important, or maybe just Blue Peter badge material. Get a grip Miss Marple.

7 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Bit of perspective.

He has got off lightly,

And in your career you never bumped into an MHK/MLC who owned a machine gun?

49 minutes ago, Holte End said:

It is the waste of money, prosecuting this man that is the worrying thing.

With a little misdemeanour like this, it is crazy.

What happened to not in the public interest or is that only for the privileged few.

That’s very much my point. Surely they could just confiscate the stuff and then either fine him or give him a caution? Now it’s gone through the courts system and he’s got a work issue as well. It’s hard to see how this is in the public interest at all when someone could go out tomorrow with an axe or a knife they can legally possess and kill someone rather than inconveniently sting them in the eyes for 15 seconds. 

1 hour ago, mollag said:

Alex Downie had loads

That thing is the only possible justification for the continued presence of the horse trams.

He should be tied by the nads behind one and dragged the length of the 'prom twice daily.

IMO he has a "Gawne" value of 0,9 in which a "Gawne" is the unit of total useless wastrel tosser who has cost the island taxpayers a fortune leaving nothing but a total waste in his wake that is costing another fortune to attempt to remedy.

12 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Bit of perspective.

He has got off lightly,

Which is ludicrous, Pava is not a lethal weapon, it's a temporary incapacitating agent.

The legislation was presumably drafted by the same sort of people as our locals who'd try and classify fireworks as being high explosives in order to ban them? Completely OTT.

This seems a bit odd though:

He said he was not aware that it was illegal to keep the spray and that he had intended for his stepdaughter to use it for protection.

And he told officers said that the bottles had always been kept locked in a safe.

So he clearly knew they were dangerous in the wrong hands, otherwise why keep them locked up? Although I can see both sides of the argument.

Archived