Where did this start to go wrong for Howard Quayle ?

LightBulb

25 minutes ago, chancer said:

Ok John, I accept your point about my language.  Notwithstanding that, do you not proactively moderate threads? 

Notwithstanding your unrequited love for the rotund one, how do you feel about the comments hurled at RC?

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Bollocks.

The problem is that any moderation is moderation. And legal opinion with respect to some moderation is subjective unless tested in court.

As soon as any content is removed a site is a publisher IMO and should therefore be logically responsible for all content.

ETA: I'd like to see all sites and their advertiser responsible for their comments too. Putting pressure on advertisers is a great way of taking the platform out from under extremists.

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

Ok. You English should describe yourselves as “we English”

I am sure th3 forum experts will be along soon to tell me otherwise

Thanks Dilli old chum. I am aware of the subtlety of the English language. In this instance I chose to use "us" to be down with the kids... :lol:

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

Thanks Dilli old chum. I am aware of the subtlety of the English language. In this instance I chose to use "us" to be down with the kids... :lol:

Having said what I did, one can say “ us Manxies” :lol::lol::lol:

4 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Actually it was grammatically correct anyway.  You wouldn't say "He's left we out of it", you'd say "He's left us out of it"  Adding the word English just qualifies 'us' it doesn't alter the sentence.

Can I for one thank Lightbulb for a well thought out thread, perfect subject matter and relevant, and a witty thread title. I must admit it made me chuckle. 

Howard Quayle was democratically elected to Tynpotwald albeit by a few votes (squeaky bum time). His elevation to Chief Plonker was another matter, but in his defence, quality of other MHKs was equally poor. Ashford - NO, Callister - NO, Allinson - Good God NOOOOOOO. I doubt Alfie Cannan could do the job either - though in his defence, he is approachable and not a pompous oaf.

You can only work with the quality and calibre out there, which is poor. Even the MLCs are piss poor. 

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually it was grammatically correct anyway.  You wouldn't say "He's left we out of it", you'd say "He's left us out of it"  Adding the word English just qualifies 'us' it doesn't alter the sentence.

It does though

Archived