Where did this start to go wrong for Howard Quayle ?

LightBulb

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’m not defending anyone. I’m pointing out the irony in @chancer not reporting but launching into a poisonous foul mouthed rant.

Ok John, I accept your point about my language.  Notwithstanding that, do you not proactively moderate threads? 

Just now, chancer said:

Ok John, I accept your point about my language.  Notwithstanding that, do you not proactively moderate threads? 

no, they allow people to write what they want within reason to not just you.

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No, for good legal reasons.

It's a side issue but I have never accepted the argument that any website, whether moderated or not, should not be responsible for the content published.

A website is a publisher not a neutral platform. Perhaps not strictly legally, for now. But certainly morally. I hope that this will soon be addressed by governments.

There is no moral case IMO for not being responsible for published user generated content.

3 hours ago, LightBulb said:

Would you be the berk to declare martial law for the duration, or would you prefer "Neil Down" to declare it ?

Why would I declare it you berk

2 hours ago, chancer said:

This is a particularly poisonous thread that the Moderators should close down.  

Any of you whinging bastards are free to stand for MHK and push on to be the Chief Minister if you chose.  Fancy having a go and have to put up with keyboard warriors telling you where you went wrong?  If not, shut your Manx Crabby shit-holes and fuck off somewhere else to live. 

Thanks Howard

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

The moderators haven’t received any reports or complaints, just the poisonous whingeing bastard rant from a nameless keyboard warrior above. Full of sweary  stuff as well!

Suggestions please.

at least he's left us English out of it...

2 hours ago, chancer said:

That is a really disappointing response from a moderator.  Sometimes you have to look at the parents to understand the behaviour of the children. 

do you know who your parents are?

59 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I seem to be alone in thinking he is doing a decent job. Would any of the experts on here be capable of doing the job?

No, thought not.

Hardly a glowing testimony... :rolleyes:

Archived