IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Yep. Well it's always good to thrash an important subject out. No need for panic.

No bulge it is. Well, maybe say 4 months pregnant rather than 9 months. 

26 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But if it’s spread over 6 weeks, or longer, and, as wrighty has said, some are already home, it’s not a bulge.

Agree it is very manageable (if anyone wanted to try) although it seems that even in student circles many are now planning to come home early as they’ve seen a lot of the Facebook posts from the baying mob and they don't want to leave it too late when numbers returning start picking up and get sent to some covid Alcatraz for Christmas when government is forced to put on a show for these morons like it did over the Comis. It’s so sad. These are Manx people who just want to spend time with their families. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

What has this Island become, what has Howard Quayle created?

Division & derision. Shocking.

I don't think he’s specifically created it. I think the cabinet office have been more of a driver in it all because it suits their appetite for zero risk / responsibility. But if I was Quayle I wouldn’t want some unhinged spitting screaming lunatic on my front step ranting about how I’m killing people either. That’s what’s driving a lot of policy politically - an understanding that so many peoples heads have turned to gravy over this that they’re limited in what they can do. That’s why I would be concerned that some sort of internment show will have to be put on at some stage. It won’t achieve anything. It will just reign some of the more vocal loonies in. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I don't think he’s specifically created it. I think the cabinet office have been more of a driver in it all because it suits their appetite for zero risk / responsibility. But if I was Quayle I wouldn’t want some unhinged spitting screaming lunatic on my front step ranting about how I’m killing people either. That’s what’s driving a lot of policy politically - an understanding that so many peoples heads have turned to gravy over this that they’re limited in what they can do. That’s why I would be concerned that some sort of internment show will have to be put on at some stage. It won’t achieve anything. It will just reign some of the more vocal loonies in. 

Absolutely. We need strong leadership now to make decisions that are for the good of the island and it's long term future, not just to appease the frothing mob who to be honest will be the least affected by any economic downturn. 

The Facebook loony tunes unfortunately don't have the mental capacity to take in the bigger picture. However it appears our elected officials aren't much more advanced in their thinking either. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

No doubt if we had Texas’ death penalty laws we’d be executing people for covid breaches by now and people would be out in the street cheering! 

Bizarre post even by your standards

4 hours ago, trmpton said:

I actually worry that we have zero residence over here given it was allegedly eradicated.  I can’t help thinking that leaves us more vulnerable (especially heading into winter) than if we had maintained a level of virus through the summer and used leading edge track and tracing.

I assume that is meant to be resilience? 

If so, then unfortunately research is showing that people are not retaining immunity for more than a few months https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/12/immunity-to-covid-19-could-be-lost-in-months-uk-study-suggests 

That said the research is continuing to develop and there appears to have been some positive news around T-Cells.

I still would not bet the house on herd immunity though.

• Like 1