IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

On 11/9/2020 at 5:37 AM, thesultanofsheight said:

What’s AIDS got to do with it? I was suggesting they might check up on people not shag them. 

We designed legal evolution to move slower than emotions of crowds, so it can reflect underlying values of society and not be whipsawed by latest fashions and whims of the day (i.e. linch mob mentality). In case of HIV/AIDS it provides a clear legal precedent of our values through legal process and we have prosecuted previously people in UK courts for ABH, GBH, poisoning,... charges who knowingly infecting others with HIV/AIDS. Analogous cases would be brought for similar COVID infections not because now our values have morphed into something different to when people died from HIV/AIDS but because our underlying values are very much the same.

1 minute ago, pongo said:

The simple fact is that it's whole households who should be isolating if anyone in that household has travelled. The Chamber of Commerce member survey showed 75% support for that.

A lot of people are still making completely unnecessary trips away. 

Everything will quickly get back to normal just as soon as everyone can be vaccinated.

I have to say that I agree with that, either we mean business or we don't, we shouldn't have half measures if the government believe that the virus is deadly. We don't know what individual household's circumstances are and if they can effectively isolate one or two family members. Maybe they really don't think this virus is deadly, which raises further questions.   

43 minutes ago, Jacka$$ said:

Bet they can’t wait for Moulton’s questions tomorrow

It will be some snivelling babbled nonsense of “Lord Howard Mr Ashford MBE I know when you phone the COVID 111 line which is amazing by the way and you have symptoms and they say isolate until you get a test so clearly they are isolating when the +ve  results come through I’d like to ask you that despite massaging the figures to suit can I completely get close to a proper question yet massively miss the point and importance of this exercise by asking if the Panto is still on” ?

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
Moultin - Nice bloke but fucking useless
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

but here we have a situation whereby a tradesman was told to go home and self isolate whilst in a nursing home full of people. It is reckless. There is now real danger that if that person turns out to be positive at any point in the next week or so, the dominos have already fallen.

That is just a rumour though. Don’t know if it relates to another rumour of a warden at sheltered-ish accommodation having it. Then there’s the office that shut because someone has it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Apparently the briefing for tomorrow has been moved to 7:55 in the morning.  You can't help feeling that this is just another stupid piece of self-importance.  If something really is that urgent it should be done tonight.

As with the UK we seem to be run by a bunch of clowns who think the way to deal with anything is to find a form of words to cover it up and that will make it magically disappear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Roger Mexico said:

Apparently the briefing for tomorrow has been moved to 7:55 in the morning.  You can't help feeling that this is just another stupid piece of self-importance.  If something really is that urgent it should be done tonight.

As with the UK we seem to be run by a bunch of clowns who think the way to deal with anything is to find a form of words to cover it up and that will make it magically disappear.

Why 7.55? Weird time. Why not 8am lol