IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

15 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Forgive me again, but did I hear it correctly that the placebo was a meningitis vaccine? 

Search it yourself and then, when you find it, share the link.

I understand it’s important to know what is in the placebo. Especially when looking at side effects. Injecting something totally inert might tip off those on the placebo. AND these types of trials are all about difference.

2 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

So how did they ensure that all conditions were the same for everyone?

They did something called a double-blind experiment so that neither the recipient of the vaccine nor the person giving it to them knew whether it was the Covid vaccine or the placebo.  So both groups would then go about their lives not knowing which they had, and so the two groups would act the same.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Missed 'not'.

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

I realise I am way out of my depth here, but assuming the placebo was a meningitis vaccine, how can they be so sure there wasn't some sort of reaction to that which left those taking it more susceptible to covid?

Some of us are players and some of us are pawns

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

They did something called a double-blind experiment so that neither the recipient of the vaccine nor the person giving it to them knew whether it was the Covid vaccine or the placebo.  So both groups would then go about their lives knowing which they had and so the two groups would act the same.

*** NOT*** knowing...................

• Thanks 1