IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

18 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Well Government workers get Christmas Day, Boxing day and New Years day. Much like many people. Can't speak for Ships Registry. Maybe they have sunk without trace:rolleyes:

But Cyril's Servants get an additional day to those listed above:

In addition, a civil servant is allowed a privilege holiday over the Christmas and New Year period as determined by the Public Services Commission.

Details are here.

I've not got an additional day off, I am also working up until close of play tomorrow (and I am typing this on a coffee break in case you want to start on that).

As usual MF is factually incorrect with our terms and conditions which is surprising since you all seem to be experts on our terms and conditions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Chief said:

I've not got an additional day off, I am also working up until close of play tomorrow (and I am typing this on a coffee break in case you want to start on that).

As usual MF is factually incorrect with our terms and conditions which is surprising since you all seem to be experts on our terms and conditions.

Only as expert as the information provided.

22 minutes ago, The Chief said:

But I can pretty much guarantee that like every CS you know the exact retirement time to the second.

Usually goes along the lines of "I've got 11 years 2months 1 week 3 days 4 hours and 19 seconds until I retire"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just getting back on topic (and apologies if I have missed this being posted earlier).

We have no Covid in the community on island and we have restricted borders which reduces our risk of Covid further.

The vaccine we are using gives 90% protection on top of the position we are in already which reduces the risk significantly for those vaccinated.

Why are we insisting on giving the second dose to people (with 90% protection) first, to give them an extra 5 percentage points, rather than give more people the first dose  and then come back to the others for a second dose?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cascarino said:

Just getting back on topic (and apologies if I have missed this being posted earlier).

We have no Covid in the community on island and we have restricted borders which reduces our risk of Covid further.

The vaccine we are using gives 90% protection on top of the position we are in already which reduces the risk significantly for those vaccinated.

Why are we insisting on giving the second dose to people (with 90% protection) first, to give them an extra 5 percentage points, rather than give more people the first dose  and then come back to the others for a second dose?

You're not Tony Blair are you?

He is also making this sensible suggestion.

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Not all do. Not since the New starters came in

And they don't get what Cambon stated that's for sure

Probably not, but enough do to, plus those departments closed until 04 Jan. to prevent the program starting. Besides, a four day week this week, three days next, limited staff, get the picture? 

8 minutes ago, Cascarino said:

Point taken and I partially agree. However, under 50s don't need it, under 65s one dose, over 65 two doses. Vaccinations sorted by end of February. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1