IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I'm guessing the people all for lockdown are those who will be unaffected job wise. 

Many more will be affected longer term if we end up like the UK.

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

alternatively go to the pub like me and get some sensible advice from the regulars 😀

Is it that frog faced bloke in the lounge bar? The chap with smoker's teeth in the imitation Barbour jacket.

Some of those arguing against caution have an agenda. People who have previously selfishly argued against the travel restrictions on the basis of utterly unimportant family visits.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

Is it that frog faced bloke in the lounge bar? The chap with smoker's teeth in the imitation Barbour jacket.

Some of those arguing against caution have an agenda. People who have previously selfishly argued against the travel restrictions on the basis of utterly unimportant family visits.

Thought the guy was you 😂

some of those arguing for lockdown have hidden agenda like more paid holidays or see business go bust for some reason 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, tetchtyke said:

Henrietta Ewart is experienced and knowledgeable and should be listened to.

A woman who has worked in public health since 1991, or someone on Facebook having a panic. I know who I'd listen to!

I have worked in public health since 1963 , not having a panic , just being prudent .

I value the opinions of Dr Glover . Just saying:flowers:

• Like 2

Just now, Banker said:

some of those arguing for lockdown have hidden agenda like more paid holidays or see business go bust for some reason 

The travel restrictions and Covid free status have kept business going. That's what you have continually wanted to put at risk.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Nope.  Self employed and need to be in peoples houses to lay my bills.  If this gets out of hand I might not be able to do that for months and the "government support" last time was useless

50 minutes ago, Banker said:

FFS there’s no need for a lockdown, read the update from Howie etc and it’s clear we are following all protocols and this is no time to panic and lockdown to pander to a few a Karen’s 

Howie, the purveyor of truth and scientific knowledge who proclaimed that we didn't need testing on arrival or before letting someone out of the "gold standard" 14 day isolation?

That Howie?

Is he the one you are putting your trust in?

The one who thinks a relative visiting and doing as much isolation and testing is required is a higher risk than a "key worker" who can wander down the street the day after they arrived?

That one?

OK then

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Banker said:

FFS there’s no need for a lockdown, read the update from Howie etc and it’s clear we are following all protocols and this is no time to panic and lockdown to pander to a few a Karen’s 

Your dialogue, posting style and penchant for using the 'confused' emoji to diss other posters is so familiar, I just can't think which poster you're reminding me of 🤔

😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, quilp said:

Your dialogue, posting style and penchant for using the 'confused' emoji to diss other posters is so familiar, I just can't think which poster you're reminding me of 🤔

😉

Perhaps "Banker" has just spent the greater part of his life being confused😉

He seems to recommend that we should follow our "leader " (Howie).

The only reason for some of us to follow him would perhaps be idle curiosity?

ETA :flowers:

Edited by paswt

26 minutes ago, pongo said:

But we won't end up like the uk. The uk had borders open no quarantine etc. IF worst happens we lock down for a few weeks like in march. We wont be here 9 months later with cases out of control no need though at this time to lockdown when there are no community cases.

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Stop being a drama queen , there’s no fucking risk to population but you’re obviously retired or a civil servants 

Phew... we are all safe, Banker says so... 🤪

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2