IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

I’d struggle to count any kids in my extended family/friends and neighbours who haven’t had covid yet. Must be nearing the point where the Yoofs have all had it 

Exactly, and at that point they are all as good as jabbed.  A few more weeks and figures will naturally start to drop.

I am still to know of a school kid who has had it who has had anything more than a sniffle.  Most don’t know they have it until they test positive.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Exactly, and at that point they are all as good as jabbed.  A few more weeks and figures will naturally start to drop.

I am still to know of a school kid who has had it who has had anything more than a sniffle.  Most don’t know they have it until they test positive.

I know of a few that ended up severely ill and one in hospital. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I can’t think of a kid in my road who doesn’t have it or has had it. All of them with mild symptoms luckily. 

Exactly.  They have all had it and only a tiny percentage have had anything more than a cold and those who have are normally those who already have vulnerabilities which would have meant the flu would have also knocked them sideways.

I honestly think it will die back soon as they all develop a natural immunity with very little in the way of any complications 

• Like 1

I think it is already pretty much burnt through high schools.  Lots still off in the 10 day isolation but they are starting to come out now…

it was always going to happen with 250 year 7s which havnt been subjected to it last summer most are fine.

you will probably find it makes it’s way through primary schools now as the brothers and sisters of kids from high school get it 

2 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Personally or anecdotal?  I honestly don’t and I have kids at secondary school and none of them have been ill at all

Our child has it and on day 8 is only on the road to recovery now. It was definitely more than a bad cold and the after effects seem to be much worse than any virus I've experienced with both of my children over the years. I pity anyone who gets it with an underlying health issue because it really has knocked the wind out of me and mine. The exhaustion, brain fog etc seem to be the problem during recovery. Whilst these don't sound that serious, these are the things which I think will cause the problems in schools (and workplaces) going forward. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I am in the grave dodging age group and have six friends that have come down with Covid in the last two weeks.   They seem to be lucky as have described it as like a dose of flu and none seem to be badly affected, they have all had their two jabs so this may have saved them from serious illness.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I think it is already pretty much burnt through high schools.  Lots still off in the 10 day isolation but they are starting to come out now…

it was always going to happen with 250 year 7s which havnt been subjected to it last summer most are fine.

you will probably find it makes it’s way through primary schools now as the brothers and sisters of kids from high school get it 

According to the dashboard approx 3000 kids have tested positive this year. Assuming there are a reasonable number that weren’t tested and/or were not showing symptoms, it may be that upto 50% of the 11000 school aged children have already had it. It wouldn’t surprise me if that percentage is significantly higher by Christmas. It may be a bit bumpy this side of the new year but I do feel that 2022 will be bring back the return of normality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, When Skies are Grey V2 said:

Ballakermeen years 9 and 10 going to a attendance rota next week ........due to staff illnesses

Surely the wonderful mitigations we were told about should have protected them? Or maybe the odd open window and jar of hand gel didn't cut it...

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, When Skies are Grey V2 said:

Ballakermeen years 9 and 10 going to a attendance rota next week ........due to staff illnesses

Sorry about the flippancy, and indeed the repetition; I've said it before and I'll probably say it again, but I literally prayed for this sort of thing when I was at school.

Prayed I tell thee.

Dear God, you are half a century too late,

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, When Skies are Grey V2 said:

It is a bloody disgrace, even in the worst norovirus/flu seasons where staffing has been decimated children were able to attend, but as we tacitly accepted the use of kids 'remote learning' during the peak pandemic, it has become part of the governments 'toolkit' and will be used more and more whenever it there is a slight issue. Give them an inch...