IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

40 minutes ago, FookADoodleDoo said:

It amazes me to why this so called Hacker would respond & block those who commented negatively to HER tweets before she deactivated her account. Why would a hacker do that 🤦‍♀️

to keep the pretense alive?

some next level parodying

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

Well it is in the public eye now courtesy of Manx Radio.  Government have made a statement and Ms Glover has stated it wasn’t me I was hacked, in the background the band was softly playing…believe it if you like…🤣 .

Has she made a statement?  Last I heard she had been asked for one. 

Now seen. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Has she made a statement?  Last I heard she had been asked for one. 

Now seen. 

it is unapologetic, unlike how you would have advised

I must admit I was initially unsure why you'd apologise for tweets that were not sent by you but from a hacker but I think your reasoning explained elsewhere of "apologies for the hurt caused by the use of the account by a third party" made sense

Edited to clarify opening comment which didn't make sense

Edited by Rhumsaa
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

it is unapologetic as you would have advised

I must admit I was initially unsure why you'd apologise for tweets that were not sent by you but from a hacker but I think your reasoning explained elsewhere of "apologies for the hurt caused by the use of the account by a third party" made sense

Well quite.  Sometimes you have to be apologetic or regretful even if you are not the cause of something.  It demonstrates a willingness to take responsibility for the aftermath, if not the thing itself, and empathy. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1

Just now, quilp said:

Apologising for something you didn't do. I mean, why would you? What's the point? 

As Gladys already said a page ago. If you wanted to apologise for not doing something, you could apologise for not reading it!

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Well quite.  Sometimes you have to be apologetic or regretful even if you are not the cause of something.  It demonstrates a willingness to take responsibility for the aftermath, if not the thing itself, and empathy. 

Just now, quilp said:

Apologising for something you didn't do. I mean, why would you? What's the point? 

For the reasons I gave.  Sometimes it is the right thing to do, and demonstrates empathy and leadership (in a broad sense ie taking command of the situation). It was her account, she is not just another Twitter account holder, she is also a professional who should show respect for her own position and that of her profession. 

That is not the same as taking the rap. 

• Like 1