6 weeks in jail, mental

Mr Newbie

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

There very little? if any, extortionate pay in that industry.

I'd be intrigued to know if the fella jailed for selling stuff from his house had a bigger back story because on the face of it these two committed a more serious breach.

Apologies for the misunderstanding- by ‘care home’, I meant looking after vulnerable young people, not aged. There are multiple Looked After Children staff who travel each week across to the Island and get paid a shedload more than the local staff who live and work here.

I guess my next ski holiday season is off limits. It would be impossible for me to quarantine myself for two weeks. Or maybe it is time to get a criminal record...

It is ridiculous how zealously police and judges of this island have been enforcing the Covid-19 restrictions and punishing whenever they had the opportunity. It has been a moral cause for them. They are so thick. That is how they will be seen in retrospective when, years from now, a detached and informed analysis of the whole problem will be possible.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

The self quarantine for travellers is probably alright for those who can work from home. Not so easy if you're a brickie.

Only so many BBQ's you can build...

Archived