15 years on Manx Forums

VinnieK

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Declan said:

I’m getting a bit bored by all this bleating about getting banned. It’s not hard - I’ve never even had a warning. 

It’s simple. You’re only allowed one angry post. 

you banned me once

I didn't cry about it, you make a risque comment and you take your licks

*shrug*

23 minutes ago, Declan said:

Must have been in the first few weeks before the novelty wore off. After that I never wanted to ban anyone. 

I just had a quick check and ans has subsequently deleted your warning point

The 2 he's given me still remain but the last one was 2009

On 9/1/2020 at 6:58 PM, woolley said:

This is woolley’s final contribution on Manxforums which will come as a blessed relief to some, no doubt, and so, ladies and gentlemen, I crave your indulgence one last time.

Good luck to you and enjoy lurking. 

Don't worry though, after about five years or so you'll find any rough memories get buried deeply enough under a comfortable blanket of nostalgia to make coming back quite fun.  I'll let you know in plenty of advance when that wears off!

17 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

I just had a quick check and ans has subsequently deleted your warning point

The 2 he's given me still remain but the last one was 2009

good grief man, you're not trying hard enough...

On 9/1/2020 at 6:58 PM, woolley said:

I took time to recall some of the great (and not so great) posters I’ve enjoyed reading or pitting my wits against over so many years.

Even though we scarcely interacted, which is not surprising given that you've made about five million posts for every one of mine, I will miss your contributions.

I'm heartened to see that among the many posters you've recalled there is no room for a mention of TJ, or for Pierrot Lunaire (or whatever xe was last calling xemself.) I suppose we'll never know now whether this was deliberate or just a sin of omission.

This thread made me realise that I've been on here for fourteen years precisely! I only joined to pass one comment to stick up for a friend who was being lambasted for getting himself beaten up by Onchanite thugs. Then I got a little bit hooked and was advised to be careful by another friend as I'd be torn apart by the razor sharp intellect of the other forum members! I'm still waiting ;) 

On 9/4/2020 at 11:55 AM, Max Power said:

This thread made me realise that I've been on here for fourteen years precisely! I only joined to pass one comment to stick up for a friend who was being lambasted for getting himself beaten up by Onchanite thugs. Then I got a little bit hooked and was advised to be careful by another friend as I'd be torn apart by the razor sharp intellect of the other forum members! I'm still waiting ;) 

I'm approaching 10 years.  I stumbled upon the forum at the time of Dirk Hoehmann's arrest and subsequent incarceration (he was the local ENT surgeon) and after passing comment on that have been here ever since.  I've been 'advised' on more than one occasion by senior hospital people to refrain from posting on here - equally I've been thanked by other senior people for doing so, so I'll stick around for now.

Archived