Vaccine- who will have it?

Banker

So, 6 vaccinators at ward 20 today. Plus support staff. 315 doses injected. So that’s an average of 52 each. 

Assuming a 7.5 hour day it’s between 8-10 minutes per vaccinator per shot.

Still, if they have the staff, and can cover 7 days a week it’s 2,200 a week. If it’s only 5 days per week it’s 1,600 pw.

And that’s pfizer. Possibly when AstraZeneca arrives and the airport vaccination centre starts to operate they can double the rate and do 1600-2200 first doses and 1600-2200 second doses. 

That’s between 40 weeks and a year to vaccinate us all, assuming 100% take up.

• Like 1

Just now, John Wright said:

So, where in/on the airport is it?

I'm pretty sure it was in the check in hall

They seem to have left a pair of desks near the lift up to departures open for flights and the rest of the hall is now vax booths.

Assume you'll follow the current one way system, in one end - vax - out the other end (hopefully).

18 minutes ago, John Wright said:

So, 6 vaccinators at ward 20 today. Plus support staff. 315 doses injected. So that’s an average of 52 each. 

Assuming a 7.5 hour day it’s between 8-10 minutes per vaccinator per shot.

Still, if they have the staff, and can cover 7 days a week it’s 2,200 a week. If it’s only 5 days per week it’s 1,600 pw.

And that’s pfizer. Possibly when AstraZeneca arrives and the airport vaccination centre starts to operate they can double the rate and do 1600-2200 first doses and 1600-2200 second doses. 

That’s between 40 weeks and a year to vaccinate us all, assuming 100% take up.

Or, analysed a different way, with a population of approx. 85,000, two doses needed and today's productivity we can immunise the whole population in 540 days!  I am filled with such confidence...

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Or, analysed a different way, with a population of approx. 85,000, two doses needed and today's productivity we can immunise the whole population in 540 days!  I am filled with such confidence...

Kids aren't allowed to have a vaccine yet, except for a few minor medical exceptions (maybe next August at earliest reports are saying)? Which takes the total down by around 12,000.

18 minutes ago, jaymann said:

They seem to have left a pair of desks near the lift up to departures open for flights and the rest of the hall is now vax booths.

Assume you'll follow the current one way system, in one end - vax - out the other end (hopefully).

It'll be runway success. 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Howie said it was in a hangar alongside airport and outside security fence, unless they’ve changed mind and moved into airport?

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Howie said it was in a hangar alongside airport and outside security fence, unless they’ve changed mind and moved into airport?

It very much looked like the check in hall. I was shown a video on a mobile device, so I'm not going to wager anything on it.

I can't actually think of any empty hangars though? Hangarage is at a premium - there's a real shortage issue here - and I can't think of there being any outside of the security fence? No issues if I'm wrong though.

Edited by jaymann

7 hours ago, wrighty said:

Presumably the intended Josie Kelly will turn up anyway - the appointments are given out over the phone - she just won't have had confirmation by email.

That’s reassuring, thank you. 

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Don't follow the VAC sign at the airport though...it's the code for an airport in Germany.

Is it Ms Reynold's previous tenure.....?