Garff

On 5/19/2021 at 6:16 PM, code99 said:

I hope Daphne Caine will stand again. Sadly, I am not in her constituency, but if I was, I would vote for her. My main reason is that I believe that a country of 85,000 people should be entitled to elect its own CM. This would be a rare act of direct democracy. I realise this little miracle is not going to happen in the 2021 GE, but Daphne has at least made some positive inroads toward making this more likely in the future, and also that we can have a plan to allow a simple majority of MHKs to remove a sitting CM. All of this would be welcome progress IMHO.

God loves a trier, even if they don't achieve much,

Seriously though I hope she has a future stab air changing things for the better..Some though get comfortable and just forget ....you know...what..er... they are there for...about etc... Maybe she will be different if she gets in, this time.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I will vote for Daphne again, and hope that the incoming HoK is less misogynistic and open to new ideas. Perkins can do one, after his 'Boot' - licking and support of the establishment. (His pamphlet is awful, too). Gareth is a clever cookie for a scientist, so he'll get my second vote.

• Like 4

On 7/1/2021 at 5:35 PM, manxman34 said:

I will vote for Daphne again, and hope that the incoming HoK is less misogynistic and open to new ideas. Perkins can do one, after his 'Boot' - licking and support of the establishment. (His pamphlet is awful, too). Gareth is a clever cookie for a scientist, so he'll get my second vote.

Perkins has been an unquestioning establishment foot-soldier who has taken care not to rock any boats (if indeed foot-soldiers come into contact with boats!). Undeserving of re-election in my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2021 at 1:22 PM, Uhtred said:

Perkins has been an unquestioning establishment foot-soldier who has taken care not to rock any boats (if indeed foot-soldiers come into contact with boats!). Undeserving of re-election in my opinion.

Perkins has announced his candidacy. Good luck with that Martin, you are a nice guy but have proven to be a waste of space during this term and my vote will not be forthcoming.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

The Elm Tree Avenue fiasco might be his undoing - depends whether the good folk of Garff regard it as an issue

23 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

No, no, I think you’ll find that the people of Garff had already decided on the things that were his undoing well before Elmgate. 

Martyn being Martyn is his own very personal undoing 

On 7/10/2021 at 11:44 AM, Kipper99 said:

Martyn being Martyn is his own very personal undoing 

Some people are just not geared up for it. Its not their fault mostly.

I think some people encourage others to stand so they can hope to gain some advantages......having ` friend' in Govt. ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 10:50 AM, Declan said:

Didn't Gareth Young win X-Idol?

Not with his Manx Radio "2 minutes" performance! 

Just 16 seconds needed to say nothing. Nothing comes from nothing.

I wonder what his leaflet will say, if there is one.

22 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

TwentyFourKeys currently has Gareth topping the poll

All the Labour people seem to do well - I think it's because they have a lot of social media and they started fairly early.  The algorithms that TwentyFourKeys seem to use tend to pick up on that quite heavily - at least at this stage of the campaign.

• Like 2