Ramsey

3 hours ago, code99 said:

IMHO, he is now on the fence because he understands how passionate many ‘Save the Bay’ campaigners are, and that they will not vote for a candidate who supports a ‘grubby deal that deprives the community of a much-valued amenity’. His initial endorsement of the plan was about creating jobs, a good thing. But people perceive that the biggest impacts of this proposed deal would be to disadvantage of the majority of his constituents and to enrich the small number of wealthy individuals e.g., who would develop the Marina, etc. This is just as bewildering as the LibVan support for Josem and Willers. That said, I still think that the two incumbents will be re-elected albeit with wafer-thin margins.

This GE race could potentially result in a 3-hourse race for Chief Minister - confused Alex, unpleasant Alf and waffler Chris who would presumably be preoccupied with figuring out what his slogan ‘Intelligently focusing government on us’ actually means. My personnel preference for the role of the CM would be Daphne Caine. My view is that she is the only person who I could trust to form a cohesive progressive administration consisting of MHKs who mean what they say.

The female version of Tony Brown. 

I must see a completely different person. 

13 hours ago, code99 said:

IMHO, he is now on the fence because he understands how passionate many ‘Save the Bay’ campaigners are, and that they will not vote for a candidate who supports a ‘grubby deal that deprives the community of a much-valued amenity’. His initial endorsement of the plan was about creating jobs, a good thing. But people perceive that the biggest impacts of this proposed deal would be to disadvantage of the majority of his constituents and to enrich the small number of wealthy individuals e.g., who would develop the Marina, etc. This is just as bewildering as the LibVan support for Josem and Willers. That said, I still think that the two incumbents will be re-elected albeit with wafer-thin margins.

This GE race could potentially result in a 3-horse race for Chief Minister - confused Alex, unpleasant Alf and waffler Chris who would presumably be preoccupied with figuring out what his slogan ‘Intelligently focusing government on us’ actually means. My personnel preference for the role of the CM would be Daphne Caine. My view is that she is the only person who I could trust to form a cohesive progressive administration consisting of MHKs who mean what they say.

Agree that we could do better than those apparently in the 3 horse race. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, code99 said:

This GE race could potentially result in a 3-horse race for Chief Minister - confused Alex, unpleasant Alf and waffler Chris who would presumably be preoccupied with figuring out what his slogan ‘Intelligently focusing government on us’ actually means.

Sources close to the establishment tell me that it’s already been decided that Jane Poole-Wilson is our next Chief Minister. They could however have been bullshitting me. And she apparently doesn’t want the job. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, wrighty said:

Sources close to the establishment tell me that it’s already been decided that Jane Poole-Wilson is our next Chief Minister. They could however have been bullshitting me. And she apparently doesn’t want the job. 

With all due respect, if the establishment has already decided who the CM will be, before the election has even been held, then it is little wonder that so many ordinary people have little faith in our democracy. It reminds me of the other GE that was held a couple of days ago in that other ‘bastion of democracy’, Russia, where the outcome was widely known before anyone voted.

My view, however, is that our GE will throw up a few curve balls that will surprise a lot of people. 

Edited by code99
typo
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, wrighty said:

They may want her because they know the other choices are utterly useless. But they don't get to decide. That is up to the new Keys and I have a suspicion that there may be a few curveballs thrown in there.

• Like 1

Off out to vote soon and still haven’t made my mind up from a pretty uninspiring line up. Didn’t receive one manifesto or any visits so these are my general, uninformed impressions

Allinson- misgivings about his judgement on the marina but his politics generally line up with mine and he did achieve in his first term with getting the abortion bill through so will probably get my vote.

Cowell- just seems to be on a improve Ramsey ticket with no general policies, also quoted he’d only take the knee for the queen so no chance

Hooper- voted for him last time and could have seen myself doing again, however the whole Lib Van candidate fiasco and his response to it means I can’t this time around.

Kinrade- possible vote, pretty uninspiring but seems quite normal compared to some of them, doesn’t seem to offer anything different though.

Mann- hahahah

Parker - was intrigued when he entered however apart from not wanting to legalise cannabis I couldn’t tell you anything he stands for. Saw a couple of questionnaires that most of the other candidates had completed that he hadn’t bothered to, strange campaign 

Singer  - hahaha

Spencer- leaning towards her for my 2nd vote. More females are needed in the house and she seems clued up on the climate challenge we face, disappointed she appears to be for brexit but seems ok on most other things.

• Like 2