Covid Deniers and Anti Vaxxers

John Wright

1 hour ago, quilp said:

A quick read here on the links between societal crisis and conspiracy theories...

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1750698017701615

The most bizarre aspect is that people, on every level of society and academia are (obviously) easily convinced, without reasoning. Even when presented with evidence contrary to their beliefs they wilfully refuse to accept the reality.

Excellent post and a very interesting article. For me the part that hits home is :-

"Conspiracy theories address these feelings by enabling precautionary actions to the alleged conspirators—leading to increased vigilance that may be useful in exposing, combating, or avoiding the conspiracy. Put differently, a conspiracy theory helps people to make sense of the world by specifying the causes of important events, which further helps them predict, and anticipate, the future".

I didn't see it mentioned but I remember the almost hysteria that was prevalent when Aida was first identified and no-one would go near anyone diagnosed as such. Similarly with mental illness and the building of the asylums to keep those experiencing these "strange behaviours" such as delusional belief systems and hallucinations behind stone walls and railings. 

I hope we are not corralling people with albeit unpopular (it seems) like minded different views and opinions in a pit and throwing stones at them just to satisfy our own particular fears and prejudices.?

Well done @Annefor sticking it out. 

9 minutes ago, WTF said:

that's 1000's of religions for you.

Religion seems to soften people up to believing anything. Taught from year zero there's a man in the sky who loves you and wants you to be with him with absolutely no evidence whatsoever does not lead to great critical thinkers. The conspiracy subreddit often has people who believe some crazy shit, saying things like question everything but at the same time talk of their faith or quote scripture.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Religion seems to soften people up to believing anything. Taught from year zero there's a man in the sky who loves you and wants you to be with him with absolutely no evidence whatsoever does not lead to great critical thinkers. The conspiracy subreddit often has people who believe some crazy shit, saying things like question everything but at the same time talk of their faith or quote scripture.

Absolutely - the biggest conspiracy of them all is organised religion. 

• Like 6

From Shots to Clots: Science shows COVID vaccines cause blood clots, by Dr. Joel S. Hirschhorn, 6 Aug 2021.

"This article provides summaries of key recently published research on two types of observed blood clots - microscopic and relatively large size - that merit serious attention and concern. One inevitable conclusion is that the FDA with support from big media is not doing its job to ensure truly informed consent by those taking vaccine shots."

https://trialsitenews.com/from-shots-to-clots-science-shows-covid-vaccines-cause-blood-clots/

In his article Dr. Hirschhorn links to this site, where we can find testimonies from those who have experienced problems with the vaccines, related public health policy, and much more:

https://1000covidstories.com/

7 minutes ago, Ann said:

From Shots to Clots: Science shows COVID vaccines cause blood clots, by Dr. Joel S. Hirschhorn, 6 Aug 2021.

"This article provides summaries of key recently published research on two types of observed blood clots - microscopic and relatively large size - that merit serious attention and concern. One inevitable conclusion is that the FDA with support from big media is not doing its job to ensure truly informed consent by those taking vaccine shots."

https://trialsitenews.com/from-shots-to-clots-science-shows-covid-vaccines-cause-blood-clots/

In his article Dr. Hirschhorn links to this site, where we can find testimonies from those who have experienced problems with the vaccines, related public health policy, and much more:

https://1000covidstories.com/

The contraceptive pill can also cause blood clots in RARE circumstances - no medication is 100% risk free

3 hours ago, Apple said:

I remember the almost hysteria that was prevalent when Aida was first identified and no-one would go near anyone diagnosed as such. ut. 

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

That Verdi chap was a real bastard 😉

Youve A long memory and you’re well travelled, Apple, Aida was first identified to the public at the Khedivial Opera House in Cairo on 24 December 1871.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Youve A long memory and you’re well travelled, Apple, Aida was first identified to the public at the Khedivial Opera House in Cairo on 24 December 1871.

...and it was a cracking performance.

I think everyone knew I meant Aids. 

4 hours ago, Apple said:

...and it was a cracking performance.

I think everyone knew I meant Aids. 

I didn’t watch that particular one but have watched it in Verona and can confirm it’s a nice piece of classical music.