Brexit Penny Dropping?

ManxTaxPayer

Because of the elections I decided to watch Laura Kuenssberg this am. I normally don't bother because she is very anti anyone but the tories who she always gives a very easy time of it. Not for nothing did Dominic Cummings frequently say in number 10 "Give it to Laura and Robert (Peston)"....

Anyway Suella Braverman was on making her pitch for the tory leadership. It was dreadful even by her own appallingly low standards. According to her there is no "superman or superwoman" who can replace Sunak and make things better. Subtext: except for Suella Braverman of course...

I switched it off before it made me throw up...

• Like 1

On 5/1/2024 at 7:19 PM, La Colombe said:

The article/ news was sensationalist rubbish. The extra paperwork was expected, planned for and priced in. Expect the prices to rise anyway. 

10 hours ago, Cambon said:

The article/ news was sensationalist rubbish. The extra paperwork was expected, planned for and priced in. Expect the prices to rise anyway. 

They delayed implementing it for three years.

Was that "planned for" as well?

Don't think so...

Dear me, "sensationalist rubbish" from the Daily Mail?

Surely not!

Posted (edited)

Sounds about right!!

Anybody else got something for which they want to blame Brexit for?

“Rufus Wainwright blames Brexit for Sheridan Smith musical flop

The musician claims British audiences ‘have a narrower outlook post-Brexit and lack curiosity’

Musician Rufus Wainwright has blamed Brexit for the failure of his Sheridan Smith musical Opening Night.

The West End show, described by the Telegraphas “a pretentious, convoluted mess”, was forced to close two months early and there were reports of audience walk-outs.

According to Wainwright, who wrote the music and lyrics for the show, British audiences have a narrower outlook post-Brexit and lack curiosity.

They were unreceptive to the avant garde production, an adaptation of a 1977 John Cassavetes film, whereas European audiences welcomed it, he said.

Wainwright, a Canadian-American who lives in Los Angeles, told the Guardian: “I do feel that, since Brexit, England has entered into a darker corridor where it is a little more narrow in its outlook.”

Edited by The Voice of Reason

19 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Sounds about right!!

Anybody else got something for which they want to blame Brexit for?

"Wainwright, a Canadian-American who lives in Los Angeles, told the Guardian: “I do feel that, since Brexit, England has entered into a darker corridor where it is a little more narrow in its outlook.”

@The Voice of Reason

"In a recent survey by More in Common, a civil society organisation, voters were asked to describe the UK in a word. The top choices were “broken”, “mess”, “struggling”, “divided”, “expensive”, “poor” and “chaotic”."

Well, your totally stupid and completely unnecessary brexit certainly contributed to all of the above...

15 minutes ago, P.K. said:

@The Voice of Reason

"In a recent survey by More in Common, a civil society organisation, voters were asked to describe the UK in a word. The top choices were “broken”, “mess”, “struggling”, “divided”, “expensive”, “poor” and “chaotic”."

Well, your totally stupid and completely unnecessary brexit certainly contributed to all of the above...

So the “stupid and completely unnecessary” democratically expressed wish of the people should not have been implemented then?

Notwithstanding of course that the racist electorate were misled and/or lied to.

And that they are stupid and were asked the wrong question which they apparently didn’t understand.

Have I missed anything else?

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

So the “stupid and completely unnecessary” democratically expressed wish of the people should not have been implemented then?

Which "expressed wish of the people"?

The ones who voted to be like Switzerland?

Or the ones who wanted WTO?

Or the ones who wanted a No Deal?

Or "insert one of a thousand different expressed wishes of the people"?

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Notwithstanding of course that the racist electorate were misled and/or lied to.

And that they are stupid and were asked the wrong question which they apparently didn’t understand.

Have I missed anything else?

You missed the "sunlit uplands" of brexit.

Errrr... Where are they exactly...?

2 hours ago, RecklessAbandon said:

Which "expressed wish of the people"?

The ones who voted to be like Switzerland?

Or the ones who wanted WTO?

Or the ones who wanted a No Deal?

Or "insert one of a thousand different expressed wishes of the people"?

This one:-

The referendum question was: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union? 

Quite clear I would have thought. And the result was equally clear.