Petrol and diesel RIP OFF

Ramseyboi

For years we have had people commenting across all social media platforms and in the pub of how we get ripped off when it comes to car fuel.

The fuel suppliers have always said it is in relation to is buying in small quantities and selling on island at the price they had purchased at.

People always said they lied and were conmen.

Fuel is currently quite a bit cheaper here than the rest of Britain.

Discuss

3 minutes ago, finlo said:

If true it won't be for long!

Why?

It is very true by the way.  Total evidence of how our prices reflect purchase price from a week or so ago while the UK move pretty much immediately to international changes.

Normally negative for us but this time positive.  They could follow the UK prove but haven’t.

Manx whoppers will still accuse them of putting the price up next May

10 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

It's true. I've stockpiled the kids bedrooms with loads of 20 gallon jerrycans of super unleaded while the price is good. 4 year old is whining about the smell, but I've told her it is worth it in the long run.

Super unleaded is a rip off unless you have an ultra high performance car.

You should stick to the normal unleaded. May also make your kids bedroom smell a bit better. 

It will be interesting to see what happens with pricing once the new E10 (10% ethanol) unleaded arrives here (if we're told). It's supposed to be priced cheaper than normal unleaded but will cause untold damage to cars "of a certain age".

Current unleaded will continue to be available at the super unleaded price in UK apparently, with a discount on RFD to reduce owners of older vehicles being penalised.

Will IoMG and local suppliers be so generous...?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with pricing once the new E10 (10% ethanol) unleaded arrives here (if we're told). It's supposed to be priced cheaper than normal unleaded but will cause untold damage to cars "of a certain age".

Current unleaded will continue to be available at the super unleaded price in UK apparently, with a discount on RFD to reduce owners of older vehicles being penalised.

Will IoMG and local suppliers be so generous...?

Well it’s always been said that the price of getting fuel here is what causes the premium.

I imagine that will be the same regardless of what fuel it is

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well it’s always been said that the price of getting fuel here is what causes the premium.

I imagine that will be the same regardless of what fuel it is

Which is the expected utter bollocks because the price of fuel in Northern Ireland largely mirrors the UK and arrives via a longer sea journey than that to IoM.

Local suppliers will continue to exploit a captive market with the tacit approval of Government who enjoy the tax take in the name of at least partly funding Govt salaries and pensions.

ETA. For what it's worth - as a regular purchaser in the name of motorsport, UK Super Unleaded is considerably different to Local Super Unleaded, both in aroma and colour from either local supplier. Please draw your own conclusions 

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

It's true. I've stockpiled the kids bedrooms with loads of 20 gallon jerrycans of super unleaded while the price is good. 4 year old is whining about the smell, but I've told her it is worth it in the long run.

Hope you’ve  confiscated her ciggies and matches

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

ETA. For what it's worth - as a regular purchaser in the name of motorsport, UK Super Unleaded is considerably different to Local Super Unleaded, both in aroma and colour from either local supplier. Please draw your own conclusions 

i'd conclude that the people buying super unleaded are buying unleaded and don't know it.