This is...

ManxTaxPayer

On 4/17/2022 at 6:35 PM, ManxTaxPayer said:

...the funniest thing that has ever been on the internet. 

Not really! Might be mildly amusing if you were in on the joke, but, for example, Charlotte Green corpsing over the name ‘Jack Toit’ (pronounced twat), or that example of the earliest recorded music was better. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The worst cold I’ve ever had, I’ve been up all night coughing, yesterday I had the most sore throat. I made a hot toddy at 2am and have been sipping Beecham’s all in one - oh dear, dear, dear. I’m not very good at being sick.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, 2bees said:

The worst cold I’ve ever had, I’ve been up all night coughing, yesterday I had the most sore throat. I made a hot toddy at 2am and have been sipping Beecham’s all in one - oh dear, dear, dear. I’m not very good at being sick.

I could pop round with a jar of "vick" 2bees  ,hope you feel better soon .

4 hours ago, 2bees said:

Ugh. A big square of chocolate for the cough and ditch the hot toddy if you've a sore throat. Let it cool and have it iced through a straw so it hits the back of your throat. A shot of alcohol might help bring your temp down if you have one. Careful with the paracetamol... HYFBS. 

I always thought it was "on" but "and" works just as well. Thanks one and all :) I had some chocolate but it made me cough, I quite like the whiskey, lemon and honey but I dont know if it would be appreciated by my boss. On the Benylin "mucus master" now, I have self diagnosed myself with gastro enterietis - it's sooooo gross, I'm a (man) burping mound of bubbling phlegm and snot - oh just put me in the bin.

I made it to work - no thanks to my shitty car! Ahhh but me heart was warmed by the kindness of the man from Kinrades (not the Ramsey ones) he came over the road to show me how to find the actual car key... which was hidden in the fob that usually opens my car. Very kind, I've been a fan of Kinrade's since they did a really great job at a sensible price on my scaffold & now their building man has helped me in my hour of need - honest to goodness, if you could see how needy McNeed I am today, pffft. Roll on feeling better.

Have a nice day, sincerely dramatic Annie x