Manx Radio

SleepyJoe

2 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Gef piece suggests national broadcaster continues to decline in terms of listenership and website access

What exactly is it's role as a national broadcaster - just to be there?

https://gef.im/2022/09/06/profits-down-as-subsidy-increases/?fbclid=IwAR1JbOe834MMYdBGqQ8IXfS9mOMpwXMQBhUu-99zASctVCwM5RxC96VnOvU

Because it’s core listeners are basically dying. It’s an awful radio station aimed at a 65+ listener base. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

What percentage of that did Mummery and the other hangers-on get I wonder?

Not that much as an overall percentage:

The Chairman received remuneration of £10,002 (2021: £9,903). The other non-executive directors received £6,633 each pro-rata (2021: £6,617 each) and the chairman of the audit committee received an additional £1,915 pro rata (2021: £1,847).

Directors
The directors of the company holding office during the year and to date were:
C R Guard (Resigned 11/10/2021)
D S Leeming
W D Mummery
C P Eaton
C Sully
N Bowker
A Brindley (Appointed 28/4/2021)
D Cretney (Appointed 28/2/2022)

(Wouldn't this have been better on the long-standing Manx Radio topic, where previous reports have been discussed?)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Not that much as an overall percentage:

The Chairman received remuneration of £10,002 (2021: £9,903). The other non-executive directors received £6,633 each pro-rata (2021: £6,617 each) and the chairman of the audit committee received an additional £1,915 pro rata (2021: £1,847).

Directors
The directors of the company holding office during the year and to date were:
C R Guard (Resigned 11/10/2021)
D S Leeming
W D Mummery
C P Eaton
C Sully
N Bowker
A Brindley (Appointed 28/4/2021)
D Cretney (Appointed 28/2/2022)

(Wouldn't this have been better on the long-standing Manx Radio topic, where previous reports have been discussed?)

Cretney? Really? 

• Haha 1

Just some basic questions.

Why would they be using the fact they didn’t furlough people as a positive?  They are one of a number of industries where workload should have gone up!

Why on earth would they think DAB will be of any benefit?  They already do FM and internet so any new devices purchased can pick them up.

A million pounds!!!!! Ffs.  Maybe Brindley should stop being so anti government and actually behave as someone unbiased considering we are keeping the failing business alfloat?

Yeah, greedy bastard wanting a couple a hundred quid to feed his Dogs, should have just got one Dog if He can't afford two!!! Probably puts the directors fees towards his daughters massive specs !!! What was wrong with NHS tortoiseshell round cheapos!!!!

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Because it’s core listeners are basically dying. It’s an awful radio station aimed at a 65+ listener base. 

And yet it is alienating them by trying to take audience from the other stations.

In the car and at home I can now get every UK station including Virgin, Absolute, Magic etc.

There is zero reason to listen to any of the local ones anymore and if I did I would do 3FM, then Energy, then Manx in that order and I am nearly 50

• Like 1

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

3FM is much better put together. 

Than Manx Radio it is.

I would still listen to several DAB or internet station in preference and a few years ago that option simply wasn’t there.

Local Radio in all guises really needs to up its game to survive.  Manx Radio are doomed unless we keep ploughing more taxpayers money into a format that is slowly facing death at the same rate as its listeners