More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

2 hours ago, Catrisk said:

Well you’d think so 😉

They are not going to say any more than the reply to the FOI, which I didn't think was particularly opaque given that it was asking HR questions and they have to be careful about releasing personal information. 

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/repairs-in-rented-housing/repairs-what-are-your-options-if-you-are-a-social-housing-tenant/using-the-right-to-repair-scheme/

This is the UK scheme that I was thinking of. 

If maintenance work people have been waiting ages, such as (until recently) checking into damp taking months to do and leaks and light repairs taking several weeks or more, as I've been told, then maybe the compensation at least gives people the ability to do the work privately.  

Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

On 3/12/2023 at 10:02 AM, SuperHans said:

Funny but the way I read that is that there are normally three people in the department but one left before November to take a “career break” and has now been replaced. I wonder what sort of career break they took and whether it was voluntary or involuntary? One thing is clear though in that you won’t get a straight answer and that reply is deliberately written to not give a straight answer. That’s a real civil servants skill. No doubt why they gave her the job.

Aren't there people linked to the Corpy on this forum who could provide clarity on this? 

Public servants why use 5 words when you can use 55.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 11:27 AM, La_Dolce_Vita said:

But if, in the last few years, people have to wait a long time for non-emergency maintenance then things might not have been done or left too long .  I think the waiting times for some local authorities have been very long. 

For the Corpy and other authorities, It might be helpful to see the average waiting times and the number of jobs reported but not completed  for non-urgent plumbing, electrical, structural? etc. for each quarter and for the last few years to the present 

I did see an FOI about housing complaints which seemed to be on the back of a news reports about maintenance but most social housing is local authority and most people wouldn't complain and might have put up and shut up. 

In the UK, or maybe just in Scotland, if the local authority doesn't do work on time then I think you can get compensation for this. 

Considering they are rolling out the fixed 5 year tenancies then as a quid pro quo there ought to be clear statements included on response times for various types of repairs (i.e. 10 working days for non-urgent, 3 days for urgent and 24 hours for emergency) I'm not saying the work has to be done in those time frames but a housing officer or maintenance foreman ought to call round to assess the situation and log it.

Every council house should have a logbook for recording periodic electrical testing, annual gas appliance servicing and any other repair works or modifications that are carried out by the local authority. This would allow anyone in the council or environmental health, social services etc. a clear picture of the standards met or failed.       

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

That's a very unpleasant post. That lady is in recovery and doing pretty well, leave her alone.

I have sympathy for anyone with a drink problem.....until they start getting behind the wheel of a car. Even worse twice over.  At that stage they become a criminal. Alcohol addiction is no excuse for breaking the law and endangering the lives and welfare of innocent people. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I have sympathy for anyone with a drink problem.....until they start getting behind the wheel of a car. Even worse twice over.  At that stage they become a criminal. Alcohol addiction is no excuse for breaking the law and endangering the lives and welfare of innocent people. 

That's twice you've quoted my post and both times youre being a fucking cock.

Not as much as the prick who brought it up of course, but still. 

I've got no time for drink drivers myself someone I knew got killed by someone they were drinking with that evening. But I've got a lot of time for people who find a way through an addiction. Surely one of if not the main point of our criminal justice system and prison is the rehabilitation part, helping people see the errors of their ways and making sure they go on to live 'better' lives?

No, lets drag something up from years ago for no reason and shit all over them. Again.

Fuck off.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That's twice you've quoted my post and both times youre being a fucking cock.

Not as much as the prick who brought it up of course, but still. 

I've got no time for drink drivers myself someone I knew got killed by someone they were drinking with that evening. But I've got a lot of time for people who find a way through an addiction. Surely one of if not the main point of our criminal justice system and prison is the rehabilitation part, helping people see the errors of their ways and making sure they go on to live 'better' lives?

No, lets drag something up from years ago for no reason and shit all over them. Again.

Fuck off.

How does having an opinion make me a fucking cock?

8 hours ago, Happier diner said:

How does having an opinion make me a fucking cock?

It looks like most unfavorable comment on DBC or councillors leads to various accusations. I can’t see any post but I can guess what was referred to from your comment above. It just shows you some of the classics they’ve had in DBC over the years. And the current lot seem to be no better either.

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

It looks like most unfavorable comment on DBC or councillors leads to various accusations. I can’t see any post but I can guess what was referred to from your comment above. It just shows you some of the classics they’ve had in DBC over the years. And the current lot seem to be no better either.

They’ve had a long line of absolute belters in there over the years it has to be said. I bet David Christian was glad to walk away in the end. 

21 minutes ago, Catrisk said:

They’ve had a long line of absolute belters in there over the years it has to be said. I bet David Christian was glad to walk away in the end. 

Absolute Belter Leader in Chief?   I see you haven’t lost your sense of humour, then…🤣

• Haha 2