QE2 and Peel castle evacuated, police on scene??

doc.fixit

Interesting to contrast between comments about this incident and The Dragtime Story Queens and the tributes following the deaths of Paul O'Grady and Lily Savage. But then they had a lot of shit to deal with before becoming a national treasure. 

6 minutes ago, Declan said:

Interesting to contrast between comments about this incident and The Dragtime Story Queens and the tributes following the deaths of Paul O'Grady and Lily Savage. But then they had a lot of shit to deal with before becoming a national treasure. 

I was thinking much the same this mooring when I heard the news. It's so peculiar the cognitive dissonance of the juxtaposition between and objective and subjective opinion. Most people loved Paul O'Grady but I bet a fair few don't like the idea of a drag queen/artist.

Edited by Roxanne
added artist before I got piled on.
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Ativa said:

It’s a shame the department didn’t respond to the made up allegations of something that happened months earlier the very next day.  Don’t you think? 😂

Delighted to see you've come round to my way of thinking at last.

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

...that informed the children there was 73 genders not two.   A child maintained there were two genders and got taken out of class was spoken to by a teacher and then returned for the rest of the talk.   

Excerpt from the news:  

'...and they did not ask a pupil to leave the room during a discussion on gender identities.

Within the conversation around gender identities, a pupil asked a guest speaker how many genders there were. They replied that there 'could be as many as 72' gender identities.'

Edited by La_Dolce_Vita

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

We have only had stage one of the report the children are yet to be interviewed all we have learned so far is that a Drag Queen was not present it was a  person that is a drag artist in their spare time that informed the children there was 73 genders not two.   A child maintained there were two genders and got taken out of class was spoken to by a teacher and then returned for the rest of the talk.   We will have to see what stage two says when the investigation team interview the children or whatever way forward they proceed.   All will hopefully become clear and transparent in the fullness of time .    

It was a person who occasionally performed as a drag artist and the person is a youth worker.  Being a youth worker you would expect they have gone through the DBS check. There was also a teacher present. 

The story re little Alfie differs significantly from that in the national press.  He was removed by the teacher, not the presenter, and allowed to return, not excluded.

Now, why would be be removed to be spoken to by the teacher, do you think? 

Was he being disruptive or was he being rude to the presenter?  Or had he collapsed with shock at the very idea of a spectrum with any number of genders along its width? 

I know what my money is on. 

If, after all that has been posted on here about the difference between biological sex (which itself isn't as clear cut as we thought) and gender, then you have just decided that life is the way you perceive and all else is nonsense.  Very sad really because in other aspects you come across as reasonable, if not a little old fashioned.  One can forgive old fashioned, but not a stubbornly closed mind.

• Like 4

You are so wrong Gladys the point I am making is that people are second guessing what was said and who said what but because the report is coming out in three stages, why I do not know I think the whole matter could have been dealt with in a much smaller time frame and with dragging it on it is gathering moss like the proverbial stone.    You say the story re little Alfie differs significantly to that in the National press and that is so according to the people who have been interviewed whom I presume are the teacher and the youth worker so their word has been accepted without any other witnesses having been asked what happened.    I agree  that the version that has been put out is almost certainly spot on but how weird just to ask some of the people present what happened not all.   I am a very open minded individual as a rule but am struggling with 72 genders as are most of my friends, it must be an age thing.    I love drag and am deeply saddened by Paul O Grady’s death he was great a very down to earth man with a deep love for animals, a fantastic artist indeed.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

You are so wrong Gladys the point I am making is that people are second guessing what was said and who said what but because the report is coming out in three stages, why I do not know I think the whole matter could have been dealt with in a much smaller time frame and with dragging it on it is gathering moss like the proverbial stone.    You say the story re little Alfie differs significantly to that in the National press and that is so according to the people who have been interviewed whom I presume are the teacher and the youth worker so their word has been accepted without any other witnesses having been asked what happened.    I agree  that the version that has been put out is almost certainly spot on but how weird just to ask some of the people present what happened not all.   I am a very open minded individual as a rule but am struggling with 72 genders as are most of my friends, it must be an age thing.    I love drag and am deeply saddened by Paul O Grady’s death he was great a very down to earth man with a deep love for animals, a fantastic artist indeed.

Sorry Sid, but look at the timbre of your post.  It is almost dismissing the first report as there is bound to be more of concern coming out in subsequent reports.  Nobody is second guessing the subsequent reports, but pointing out that the alleged circumstances investigated for the first report seem to be unfounded.  That has to call into question the other claims

Let's face it, the initial 3FM  report left people thinking that a drag queen had been instructing 11 year olds how to fist, have anal sex etc. Whereas the truth is very different. 

Agree with your comments re Paul O'Grady,  he will be missed mostly for his humanity to all living things. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Declan said:

Couldn’t stand Lily Savage.

But was an avid fan of “for the love of dogs”. I think that was more that that made him a national treasure rather than him dressing  up as a woman.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WTF said:

No I don’t think so. Nothing to indicate in all this people thought that was what happened at QE2 

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Last three words

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Go on then, I will say it.

There will be kids on the school where if their parents complained that something like this had happened all the teaching staff and other parents would think something must be amiss, as the kids are never involved in hassle or disrupt lessons.

Then there will be kids where if something like this is alleged to have occurred the teaching staff and other parents will have immediately thought the kid was the issue rather than the teacher or anyone else involved.