Concert comfort

I was looking to book tickets for the upcoming “End of the world tour” by Public Image Limited but found that, at least for the UK leg of the tour all venues had only unreserved general standing.

To be honest, although not a blue badge holder, at my age and with a back condition, I would find it hard ( nay impossible) to stand for a couple of hours for a pop/ rock concert. So have had to pass.

Obviously it is up to the concert promoter to select venues  ( with the facilities they offer) that they think will be profitable. 

But I’m sorry to be missing out on this.

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I would find it hard ( nay impossible) to stand for a couple of hours for a pop/ rock concert. So have had to pass.

Andre Rieu all the way for you fella, they build colostomy bags into the seats at his concerts.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I was looking to book tickets for the upcoming “End of the world tour” by Public Image Limited but found that, at least for the UK leg of the tour all venues had only unreserved general standing.

To be honest, although not a blue badge holder, at my age and with a back condition, I would find it hard ( nay impossible) to stand for a couple of hours for a pop/ rock concert. So have had to pass.

Obviously it is up to the concert promoter to select venues  ( with the facilities they offer) that they think will be profitable. 

Give them a ring. I'm sure they might be able to accommodate you in some way.  It's worth a try if you'd really like to see them?

15 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I’ll rent you my spare wheelchair. You’ll get in half price and get a free essential companion. 

I’ve been thinking about setting up a rent a crip service. You pay me a fee, and pay for my cut price ticket and get in to concerts and theatres for free. But Public Image Limited is not my thing.

As an example. My next three London Theatre trips are £60 for 2 seats ( box office price is £500 ), £50  for 3 tickets  ( box office for 2 is £250 ) ( and they had a three for 2 offer so normal price would be £375 ) and £40 for 2 ( box office was £190 for 2 ).

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

PiL are playing The Forum in Kentish Town which has balcony seating. Previously I've been able to move between the seated area and standing. 

52 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’ll rent you my spare wheelchair. You’ll get in half price and get a free essential companion. 

I’ve been thinking about setting up a rent a crip service. You pay me a fee, and pay for my cut price ticket and get in to concerts and theatres for free. But Public Image Limited is not my thing.

As an example. My next three London Theatre trips are £60 for 2 seats ( box office price is £500 ), £50  for 3 tickets  ( box office for 2 is £250 ) ( and they had a three for 2 offer so normal price would be £375 ) and £40 for 2 ( box office was £190 for 2 ).

Sounds a plan ( if you liked PiL)

But would we have to sit together?😄

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

I’ll rent you my spare wheelchair.

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But would we have to sit together?😄

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Nah. You could eff off, once we were in. I wouldn’t be seen dead, etc…

He giveth and then he taketh away.