Porsche owners club UK, Manx tour 2023

chris4652009

Great to see so many across this year, must have been nearly 70 cars in total. All were observed to be driving well and boosting the local economy.

A few of them are even returning in a few weeks with the Supercar visit.

It was an Absolutely fantastic sight seeing them all up at the grandstand

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, chris4652009 said:

Great to see so many across this year, must have been nearly 70 cars in total. All were observed to be driving well and boosting the local economy.

Which is more than you can say for these cycling  Johnnies who come here to compete in events with strange names. ( The events not the cyclists - “fromo monge” that sort of thing)

Edited by The Voice of Reason

2 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Really? Who by? 

I saw them doing both of those things, as did many others.  If nothing the ones I saw were driving too slowly.  It upsets me to be held up by a car that cost three times what mine did and has more than three times the BHP.

Have you got any more stupid and pointless questions?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/14/2023 at 6:39 PM, chris4652009 said:

I was out in mine on Monday and ended up parking next to some of them at the Sound and later in Peel. I think I confused some as they thought I was part of their group. Most seem to be heading back that afternoon. 

3 hours ago, b4mbi said:

Gutted I didn't get to see the Singer Porsche, they are something else...😍

I was wondering if someone brought a Singer over.  

I saw a photo on the Jacksons FB site of baby blue Targa that might have been one. 

Usually I go up to the Comis to have a perv when the car clubs are over.  But @Derek Flint stayed in Ramsey for some obscure reason. 

6 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I was wondering if someone brought a Singer over.  

I saw a photo on the Jacksons FB site of baby blue Targa that might have been one. 

Usually I go up to the Comis to have a perv when the car clubs are over.  But @Derek Flint stayed in Ramsey for some obscure reason. 

@Derek Flintwas posting video of a singer  on the mountain on twitter, sounded and looked beautiful...

(the Porsche, not Derek obvs! )

Edited by b4mbi
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2023 at 6:39 PM, chris4652009 said:

We had 50 cars and 87 guests..I reckon we spent 60 grand in the economy over the 3 days and others stayed for a bit longer. Fynoderee sponsored our rally plates, we went to Roger Smiths and had pit stops at Jacksons and the Museum. Everyone had the second best car on the car park once the Singer turned up!

30 cars already rebooked for 2024. Great to see Scenic over again this week. S9 are in next weekend with all manner of exotica.

There will always be detractors to what we do. Personally I think a few million quids worth of motors running around gives the place a continental feel. And generally people get it - look at the numbers that turn up at Jacksons next weekend to see the cars.

And we could do more, apart from the lack of enablement from government. The feedback from this Porsche visit was tremendous and every visitor is an opportunity. 

• Like 1