Tesco buy all nine Shoprite supermarkets- Monopoly?

darenisepic

8 hours ago, Gizo said:

Initial take on PE, not much greengrocery but that might be down to a run on a lot of stuff. No loose veg or fruit, which is most annoying. 
No Manx meat or eggs.

looking a my usual staples there’s about 5 or 10% mark up than Douglas. 

nice clean store, need to get used to layout but not sure the size of the customer counter is warranted, we’re not that bad down here.

can’t see me using it for my big shop, Douglas still for me and I won’t be dropping Robinsons on Cooil road any time soon, fruit, veg and meat will still be bought there. 

Done my weekly shop in Port Erin today rather than Lake Road where I usually go. 

The price was within 50p of what I paid for the same items as last week which is easily accounted for by different special offers... not sure where people getting 5 or 10% more from...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gizo said:

Initial take on PE, not much greengrocery but that might be down to a run on a lot of stuff. No loose veg or fruit, which is most annoying. 
No Manx meat or eggs.

looking a my usual staples there’s about 5 or 10% mark up than Douglas. 

nice clean store, need to get used to layout but not sure the size of the customer counter is warranted, we’re not that bad down here.

can’t see me using it for my big shop, Douglas still for me and I won’t be dropping Robinsons on Cooil road any time soon, fruit, veg and meat will still be bought there. 

Done my weekly shop in Port Erin today rather than Lake Road where I usually go. 

The price was within 50p of what I paid for the same items as last week which is easily accounted for by different special offers... not sure where people getting 5 or 10% more from...

11 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

You've done it now...you've said "candyman"...

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Three times as much I'd say.

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

so have you done 2 weekly shops this week then ?