To pee or not to pee

30 minutes ago, Cambon said:

It is also a result of feral parents bringing up feral kids.

Going to the toilet during lessons is unnecessary and should be banned, except in emergency circumstances. I very much doubt the kids will wet themselves. The social embarrassment would be too much. 

A kid in my year wet himself because the teacher wouldn't let him go to the toilet.

15 minutes ago, HeliX said:

A kid in my year wet himself because the teacher wouldn't let him go to the toilet.

I bet all the other kids wet themselves laughing. 

At my school is was very rare for any pupil to go to the loo in class even when it was a double lesson. These kids are literally taking the piss out of the teachers. 

I support the head. 100%

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Too many kids with their smartphone in one hand and a vape in the other 

maybe it's about time that schools had the same mobile phone signal blocking tech installed that they have at the prison and no wifi that the kids can access ??

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Hard to have an “esteemed opinion” when I don’t work in a school and don’t have school-age kids - that was kind of my point really,  and why I was asking what I did.

What's your general opinion then? You are allowed one.

6 minutes ago, WTF said:

maybe it's about time that schools had the same mobile phone signal blocking tech installed that they have at the prison and no wifi that the kids can access ??

Some of the schools (CRHS I think?) confiscate any phone taken out during a lesson and don't return it until the end of the day.

I heard, from my daughter who most recently went there, that there aren't enough toilets for all that need to go during break, and kids would routinely be late back for lessons as they were waiting to be able to go.  Might be some truth in that, but there's undoubtedly truth in the kids using toilet breaks to 'mess about'

Back in the day (and I was a good boy remember) we had a substitute teacher who just couldn't control the class. We came up with a scheme to disrupt the lesson by all wanting to go to the toilet.  Repeatedly.  At one point she said "Only 6 of you to go at one time".  It was hilarious.  We'd have never got away with it with any of the regular teachers.  Apart from that it was a rare event for anyone to need the toilet during lessons.

26 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Back in the day (and I was a good boy remember) we had a substitute teacher who just couldn't control the class. We came up with a scheme to disrupt the lesson by all wanting to go to the toilet.

Well, we only have your word for that - and your story rather mitigates against it! 🙂

The back story is that some toilets are being locked during break time and some of the kids cannot get to use them.   Most children can hang on for 40 minutes or even longer but there are always the odd ones who can’t.    To refuse a child that wants to go is really bad and this draconian action will backfire.    Daffy was in Malta when this news broke she also missed the tiles saga in the NSC.