Hospitality Call to Arms!

Max Power

1 minute ago, germann said:

As a semi-competent home cook, I only take my family out to places that won’t result in a ‘I could have done that better at home’ verdict at the end of the evening. Only the Terrace Chippy and Kizuna tick those boxes.

Apart from the above, eating out in the Isle of Man is shite. 

I don't know what Kizuna is but the terrace chippy is mediocre on the good day and terrible on an off day. You need to broaden you horizons. 

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

We've had this argument before, it is very flawed. I know that you can mess around with your codes, but 10 - 15 hours a week waitressing for a 18yr old basic office girl is pointless, and you work those extra hours for extra cash and lose a third. It is inarguably a disincentive to take on that work.

Arguably yes, but then it’s arguably not worth trying to get promoted beyond a very basic job anywhere because tax payable is based on what you earn.

How many jobs you have has NOTHING to do with it.  In your world should I be able to get ten part time jobs and pay ten percent on each of them even if I earn 100k a year?

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

I don't know what Kizuna is but the terrace chippy is mediocre on the good day and terrible on an off day. You need to broaden you horizons. 

You need to broaden your horizons and visit the latter.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Anthony Ingham said:

Not if you joke the tax office and ask them to change it you don’t.  It takes a few minutes

No you can't. How would they know how much you were going to earn on your second job. It's an old conversation on here. 

You can only have one tax code at a time. You can move it to another job but it can't be split. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

No you can't. How would they know how much you were going to earn on your second job. It's an old conversation on here. 

You can only have one tax code at a time. You can move it to another job but it can't be split. 

You literally just have to pick the phone up and speak to them to have it altered.

If you have more than one job your pay from that employment will be taxed at the prescribed 'HR' higher rate of income tax. The Income Tax Division upon your instruction will review and amend the code if necessary.”

17 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

You literally just have to pick the phone up and speak to them to have it altered.

If you have more than one job your pay from that employment will be taxed at the prescribed 'HR' higher rate of income tax. The Income Tax Division upon your instruction will review and amend the code if necessary.”

The code on one job

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, germann said:

Castletown, behind the old cop shop. Best restaurant on the island.

Oh yes. You have a very eclectic taste. A greasy chippy and an expensive Japanese restaurant?

Yet to try it. I didn't diss it though did I? I only dissed the terrace chippy....and that's because it's not great..

2 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Village walk in onchan

The one in Port St Mary

The one by the bowling alley in Ramsey 

Don't forget the cod and castle and the Ramsey trawler man and the one on the prom near the castle mona......in fact lets make it a challenge 

Name a worse one!