North Quay

30 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

I can imagine e someone saying @We should do something for the euros”

Someone else says “ like close the quay so people can go outside?”

You don’t know, then.

It would be interesting to know if the proposal came from the restaurants, or the pubs, or DCC themselves.

3 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

You don’t know, then.

It would be interesting to know if the proposal came from the restaurants, or the pubs, or DCC themselves.

It would, but it is something which will help the hospitality lot I think? 

Councillor Bentley is the most likely person to have suggested it I think, he's a strong advocate of al fresco stuff. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anthony Ingham said:

I thought discussion forum where people discuss what is in the local news, might be a good place to discuss something I saw in the local news?

Turns out it’s just a place people can’t answer simple questions or even discuss the topic at hand, and just tell people “you must be fun at parties “ and other nonsense.  While all the time no one actually gives a single reason why what you are saying isn’t actually correct 😂

You started off posting under your current emanation, as a quite reasonable and engaged poster.  Now you have reverted to rude and arrogant, and you consider your opinions and arguments to be far more important than others.

No doubt we will soon hear no more from you, until another new poster comes along all reasonable and engaged. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Councillor Bentley is the most likely person to have suggested it I think, he's a strong advocate of al fresco stuff. 

As previously, it's a DCC initiative that was announced nearly 2 months ago to cover all sorts of events over the next 12 months

Screenshot_20240505-100816_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

You started off posting under your current emanation, as a quite reasonable and engaged poster.  Now you have reverted to rude and arrogant, and you consider your opinions and arguments to be far more important than others.

No doubt we will soon hear no more from you, until another new poster comes along all reasonable and engaged. 

It never takes long...

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gladys said:

I tell you what. Do me a favour and indulge me.

Read the thread back from the start and tell me where I was unreasonable, arrogant or rude before any of these were posted, or even after?

Constructive criticism welcomed.

Thanks.

IMG_1003.jpeg

IMG_1004.jpeg

IMG_1005.jpeg

IMG_1006.jpeg

IMG_1007.jpeg

Edited by Anthony Ingham
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

As previously, it's a DCC initiative that was announced nearly 2 months ago to cover all sorts of events over the next 12 months

Screenshot_20240505-100816_Samsung Internet.jpg

The games aren’t all at weekends. Some fall outside the times listed there 

Edited by Anthony Ingham

A big screen at the culture quarter, are you mad . After all that money the Sefton laid out for a nice frontage infront of the hotel, oh thats right didn't pay a penny fuck em. A load of slightly tipsy football supporters out front, come on the Arsenal 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

The games aren’t all at weekends. Some fall outside the times listed there 

It matters not. They're proposing to close it for the relevant games, subject to consultation with the Police 'twould appear....(3FM News)

Screenshot_20240505-123713_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

It matters not. They're proposing to close it for the relevant games, subject to consultation with the Police 'twould appear....(3FM News)

Screenshot_20240505-123713_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes I know.  That is what the thread is about 🙄

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Max Power said:

He is an employee of H&B . Possibly why he is so passionate about it 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Constructive criticism welcomed.

Is it?

Okay then - why do you care so much?   If they closed the road, but no-one turned up because they would rather watch the football somewhere else, why would that affect you?   Or were you planning to drive up and down the quay - and if they close the road you won’t be able to?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Is it?

Okay then - why do you care so much?   If they closed the road, but no-one turned up because they would rather watch the football somewhere else, why would that affect you?   Or were you planning to drive up and down the quay - and if they close the road you won’t be able to?

Here is a bit of constructive criticism for you.

You should make sure you know what something means, before trying to dish it out.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

Is it?

Probably because he and his schoolmates couldn’t race through in their shit cars