Tynwald Taking The xxxx

FCMR

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how phil gawne has gone quiet ever since he was made a minister.

peter is the only person in the keys with his feet on the ground and his finger on the pulse.

Glad to see the back of gelling what a pompus prat

i think he will be wanting his knighthood soon

peter is the only person in the keys with his feet on the ground and his finger on the pulse.

No idea if this applies here, but it's easy to appear to be populist and grounded by voting against something you know is going to go ahead anyway. Voting against something where you know you're going to be the only dissenting voice is a cheap way to enhance an image as a rebel and a man of the people, while having absolutely no effect whatsoever.

Ans does that matter at least he speaks out, and also he has stated in Tynwald that he would not accept or apply for the expences. He aslo warned Tynwald that by voting yes could lead to problems knowing that pensioners and the low paid face a bleak winter with all the price rises in power and Gas

At least Peter Karran seems to reflect the views of the people who elected him.

Manx politics is at the moment at a new low, we can only hope at the next election some of these arrogant twits are made to realise what potential damage they can do to the island with their dodgy dealings and sycophantic decisions. I actually have changed my mind about the Governor, lets get rid of him altogether, it would do the poor bloke a favour not having to mix with the current shower in Govt.

Tynwald have just voted themselves a 6.5% rise for accomodation and refreshment expences, this is a total xxxx take seeing as they have only gave the pensioners 3%, the only member to vote against the rise was Peter Karran

I didn't realise that pensioners get accomodation and refreshment expenses.

You seem (at least from your post) to be comparing 2 things that cannot really be compared.

There is no detail as to what Tynwald get for accomodation and refreshment expenses at the moment.

There is no detail as to what the pensioners 3% is for or relating to.

Some of the Items to be voted/debated on this week are dodgy.

Legal aid for all.

More powers to Tax & Vat officers on cash businesses

Planning

Governor

Ex MHK on 3 Government directorships @ £10kpa

Increase in licence fees for cinematography outlets

Increase in licence fees Music & dancing

extra subsidies for first time buyers

Legal aid for all.

More powers to Tax & Vat officers on cash businesses

Planning

Governor

Ex MHK on 3 Government directorships @ £10kpa

Increase in licence fees for cinematography outlets

Increase in licence fees Music & dancing

extra subsidies for first time buyers

So which of the above are "dodgy" and what is "dodgy" about them. Clarification would be more than welcome.

Tynwald have just voted themselves a 6.5% rise for accomodation and refreshment expences, this is a total xxxx take seeing as they have only gave the pensioners 3%, the only member to vote against the rise was Peter Karran

I didn't realise that pensioners get accomodation and refreshment expenses.

You seem (at least from your post) to be comparing 2 things that cannot really be compared.

There is no detail as to what Tynwald get for accomodation and refreshment expenses at the moment.

There is no detail as to what the pensioners 3% is for or relating to.

Pensions up by 3% which has to cover, power,heat,food,rent, travel and more.

Government gets 6.5% rise on £11-68 per meal, Accomodation ? Travel?

Pensions extra £2.10 on basic pension per week to cover all

Goverment extra ££££££££££££££££££££££££s to cover luxuries per day

Tell me thats fare

Legal aid for all, proposed by MHK in major court actions

More powers to Tax & Vat officers on cash businesses, Voted against by MHKs in this type of business

Planning New regulations benifit the developers

Governor, Wrong move and could create more problems

Ex MHK on 3 Government directorships @ £10kpa Jobs for the boys that are voted out

Increase in licence fees for cinematography outlets, Island brags about making £millions from films,so fees should be reduced

Increase in licence fees Music & dancing, Clubs are losing money

extra subsidies for first time buyers, not fare on others who have struggled to buy houses and helps fill the pockets of developers

So which of the above are "dodgy" and what is "dodgy" about them. Clarification would be more than welcome.

It was also proposed that to save the Taxpayer money older Government houses that need refurbed could be sold off cheap to first time buyers and the money raised to go towards the cost of building low income homes, it was kicked out. To me this was a great Idea,

Archived