Tynwald Taking The xxxx

FCMR

It makes you think is it worth having a business.

No it isn't, you might as well go and live in Spain.

All of our materials come from of Island and last week on one product alone the rise went up from £11.50 to£16.90

Might of been cheaper to buy the product on the Island, if not I've heard it's very cheap in Spain and if you lived there, well.................................................................

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after all the disasters that have occured we can and have been told to expect a massive jump in premiums,

Dont put yourself down...I am sure your work isnt that bad :P

WSAG

If you are going to give quotes get it right stop being a knob all the time, why try to have a serious topic and then end up rubishing it,

Wild dog

Our materials are bought on the Island but come from off island just like most materials on the IOM.

Are materials are bought on the Island but come from off island just like most materials on the IOM.

I'm quite aware that "most materials are shipped in".

I thought the way you put it across, was that you ordered the materials yourself from off Island, to be delivered to you on the Island.

I've no idea how I misconstrued your meaning.

Now everything is clear.

Oil prices went down last week yet the prices at the pump are still the same.

What's that got to do with it? It depends more on the price the petrol pumps

a) bought their stocks on

B) are expecting for the future

That is true but why did they put the prices up on stock allready paid for last time.

Oil prices went down last week yet the prices at the pump are still the same.

What's that got to do with it? It depends more on the price the petrol pumps

a) bought their stocks on

B) are expecting for the future

That is true but why did they put the prices up on stock allready paid for last time.

Just to let you know fuel prices have now gone back down ;)

Tynwald have just voted themselves a 6.5% rise for accomodation and refreshment expences, this is a total xxxx take seeing as they have only gave the pensioners 3%, the only member to vote against the rise was Peter Karran

Sorry If I seem stupid here, but whose accomodation and whose refreshments?

As well as paying them, are we having to house and feed the buggars too?

I'd supposed that all trips away were fully underwritten, including taxis, flights, meals and double(?) rooms.

I'd also supposed that they all had homes to go to at the end of their day and a hot meal - courtesy of Mrs MHK or some corporate/political Johnny - on one table or another.

So what exactly is this all about?

Maybe it'd be cheaper to board the lot of them at King Bills!

If FCMR has listened properly he would have heard that the increases are for subsistence allowance for all civil servants (and politicians are classed as civil servants and get paid the same rates when they go away.)

I think they said the increase was in line with inflation (3%) and that means £11.68 a day for meals. Luxury!

Good on Peter K to not claim expenses, but I think you will find that several other politicians dont make claims as well

I may be missing something here. Do the politicians get paid for being a politician? If so - why are they able to claim expenses for their job? I mean, I don't get subsistence allowance for my chips cheese and gravy while working. Like I said - I may have missed something...

Anyone who works for Government, who travels away, is entitled to accommodation allowance and food allowance, if they are away on business. That applies from the lowest grade administration officer to the Chief Minister. They all get paid the same. And you have to live and eat cheap to get inside the allowances.

Those are extra expenses to what would happen if they were at home.

I mean, I don't get subsistence allowance for my chips cheese and gravy while working.

I actually get subsistance in my job. I've always thought it was odd and it's a pretty nominal figure. I think it's a legacy of days gone by.

I think most people will get a subsistance allowance when travelling away on business.

I know we always did when we went away.

It's not a fortune but, you're away from home and therefore don't have the option of cooking for yourself so have to pay extra to feed yourself. Not really such a big deal is it?

Anyone who works for Government, who travels away, is entitled to accommodation allowance and food allowance, if they are away on business. That applies from the lowest grade administration officer to the Chief Minister. They all get paid the same. And you have to live and eat cheap to get inside the allowances.

Those are extra expenses to what would happen if they were at home.

If that was true then maybe you should take a look at the expences claimed by the MHKs that went to the USA on a five day trip, the costs were obscene. They were quoted on this forum some time ago

Archived