Toughest Pub In Uk

Billy One Mate

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I take it you didn't see how it was portrayed then. I didn't think that was such a tough pub? Well I'm sure a few folks at work tomorrow will fill in the blanks.

The Heron a toughest pub rofl

Had to laugh how they were saying "we don't like the english in here" etc.... whilst wearing a liverpool footy shirt rofl

Shows the meantality of them, It's ok to be proud of where your from but that took the p*ss.

I've worked the Heron, the QB, the Pinewood and Caseys/Strand. However the Central is without doubt the shadiest of the lot. Popped in for a pint on a Friday night at about 10pm after work and had three different blokes have go, although i half knew one of them.

The Heron has got too many old locals to be 'tough'. What sort of tough regular rings up a muppet program on Sky One to say that they're tough. I'm sure in the Central they'd have all been too pissed to watch TV, too busy fighting/arguing or the TV would have been vandalised or stolen many moons ago.

Anyway, see you all in Bar George on Friday, what ho! I hear the Chardonay's got a wonderful bouquet.

What no Waterloo mentioned? Jesus that place used to scare me when I had to play pool league games in there as a teenager.

It's scares me just when I've walked past on account of some of the clientele I've seen emerging from it. I expect it's rather like the pub at Mos Isley spaceport with regular conversations beginning with "My friend doesn't like you. I don't like you either!" etc.

That said when I walked past the other day some ginormous, extremely menacing looking bloke walked out and headed towards me on a collision course then swerved and apologised most politely. I was most surprised that I wasn't simply swatted to one side!

Saw this program the other week when it had a pub somewhere in Scotland though, and the landlord had the most incredibly large man-baps I've ever clapped eyes on!! :o

I didnt see the programme but was just wondering how "the toughest pub in the uk" and "the Heron" go together lol!!

I once went in a pub in Newcastle with no tables or chairs because they were sick of replacing them through damage when fights broke out! They only serve drinks in plastic glasses and they have bouncers on the door at all times so I was told and they didnt look that much different (build wise) from the bar staff!!

This is not an experience I want to repeat but I am sure there are places much, much worse than that again!

So why choose the Heron as one of the toughest pubs in the uk? I have been in there a few times and although its not really my sort of pub it wasnt that bad!!

That said when I walked past the other day some ginormous, extremely menacing looking bloke walked out and headed towards me on a collision course then swerved and apologised most politely.  I was most surprised that I wasn't simply swatted to one side!

He wasn't wearing approximately size 15 basketball boots and standing at about 6"5 by any chance????

Heh!

What no Waterloo mentioned? Jesus that place used to scare me when I had to play pool league games in there as a teenager.

Did you play for the Waterloo (clues keep a coming )

As B.O.M. said it aint the sort of thing we should see on TV, why dont they just say welcome to the IOM, enjoy a drink at the Heron before you get mugged on the way home to some expensive flee pit Hotel

Archived