Toughest Pub In Uk

Billy One Mate

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 12 years later...

I remember seeing it the first time round 2004, I recently saw it again on UTube. Not the best add for a holiday tourist destination.  Yes a lot of it was staged, by far the hardest and most genuine was Leslie, certainly would not want to cross her and be another bloke beaten senseless. 

10 minutes ago, simon101 said:

I remember seeing it the first time round 2004, I recently saw it again on UTube. Not the best add for a holiday tourist destination.  Yes a lot of it was staged, by far the hardest and most genuine was Leslie, certainly would not want to cross her and be another bloke beaten senseless. 

I think after 12 years, most people will have forgotten all about this.

Just now, manxman1980 said:

"It's great to be Manx" says the woman wearing a Liverpool Football Shirt :blink:

I find it amusing that the "Manx" people are happy to spend £thousands following a UK football team but won't bother their arses to go and support their local teams.

Only ever been in there once or twice, wasn't the Heron touted as the Island's first purpose-built pub or such at the time? Circa 1978?

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Only ever been in there once or twice, wasn't the Heron touted as the Island's first purpose-built pub or such at the time? Circa 1978?

It's quite possibly true if you ignore places that were built as hotels, inns, clubs and similar places that offered more than a place to drink. Or places that were converted from other uses such as private houses.  Certainly I seem to remember hearing that when the time came to give the Heron a licence they was some consternation as there was no one left alive who new how to issue a licence to a new pub.

Archived