Toughest Pub In Uk

Billy One Mate

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Waterloo -- exactly!!!! I'll never forget it --- about 2 years agao -- I had just moved here and had only been here a couple of weeks. I was shopping on Strand Street by myself and fancied a pint.....I had been to O'Donnels the day before, so I thought I would branch out and go somewhere different and walked into the Waterloo ---- Oh ......... My..........God

It was like out of a movie......it was the middle of the day on a weekday....the whole place turned silent and craned their necks and stared me down. Now to preface this, this dame ain't afraid of drinking alone and has grown up in the harsh realities of inner city living in a city of 4 million people --- alot of which have guns. But I've never felt more out of place than at that moment. But I also had to save face because I was already halfway through the place when I realised all of this but stuck with it. Needless to say that was the quickest pint I ever drank. :unsure:

I was in there one night when a leather jacketed mate of mine had a blazing row with the bar manager about the lack of Lambrusco. "CALL YOURSELF A WINE BAR!?. NO LAMBRUSCO?"

Glorious verbal trolling.

Every time I hear Manx radio news the Landlord from the pub (the heron) has been making me laugh all day.

His last sentence

If you wanted trouble you could come to the heron and get it" know what I mean"

If you haven't got access to a radio you can here the clip on

http://www.manxradio.com/

svery funny, We'll I thought so.

We go to the Waterloo on a night out in Douglas. This is mainly for the cheap drinks, but also for the free entertainment. It was much better before they made it all open plan though, just a better, pervier, old mannier atmosphere.

One night in there I will never forget, a man with a fungal growth on his tongue was trying to lick my friend after emerging from the bogs with tommy tadger still out for air, a couple who had met just a few days ago got engaged and invited everyone to their wedding and someone I knew from my school days who I thought had disappeared into Jurby told me they were so happy to be out of the sh*t hole north and now they lived in Douglas their life was fantastic, then they went around the back to shag "some bloke". And they did an all.

You could never get that in Bar George.

The Heron is not even the toughest pub in the Springvalley area, let alone the country.

The Pinewood is far tougher. I've not been there many times, but every time I go in, there is a fight.

I must learn to control my aggression.

--------

Waterloo - good pub, ugliest people in the world. I once had an interesting conversation with three locals, all comparing suicide attempt wrist scars.....

And there's more.....

• 4 years later...
What no Waterloo mentioned? Jesus that place used to scare me when I had to play pool league games in there as a teenager.

It's scares me just when I've walked past on account of some of the clientele I've seen emerging from it. I expect it's rather like the pub at Mos Isley spaceport with regular conversations beginning with "My friend doesn't like you. I don't like you either!" etc.

That said when I walked past the other day some ginormous, extremely menacing looking bloke walked out and headed towards me on a collision course then swerved and apologised most politely. I was most surprised that I wasn't simply swatted to one side!

Saw this program the other week when it had a pub somewhere in Scotland though, and the landlord had the most incredibly large man-baps I've ever clapped eyes on!! :o

Hahahaa, that was Peep Peeps in Aberdeen. That toughest pubs lark is utter drivel. Peep Peeps isn't even the toughest pub in that street, just like the Heron.

Archived