Jokes

ans

Jokes  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What if someone dares to post something funny in General Chat? Will the moderators move it to the Jokes section? And likewise, if something unfunny is posted in the Jokes section, can I complain and have it deleted?

It may seem like a trivial matter, but I'd just like to know where I stand before I cast my vote.

Anything that's a 'Fw: fw: fw: fr: Teh Funny!' copy and paste from an email would almost certainly be moved.

Anything else would most likely be left alone. We're generally pretty loose with with where topics are put and it's only when it's blatantly obvious that we'll move it. Doesn't happen very often. Searching the mod logs suggests it's happened 12 times in the past year.

Which is why I voted no.

Miserable bastard aint ya? Surely it would make more sense to have a jokes section if you have an aversion to humour, you could avoid the section easily, whereas when any jokes are posted in Chat you might (horror!) accidentally read it not realising it might raise a smile or brighten an otheriwse dull day.

I'm only guessing, but I think Declan is saying that because he uses 'View New Posts' as do I, and if there was a dedicated section for jokes, it would probably increase the number of threads with them. They're harder to avoid when you view the forum like that.

Like I said, we're just gauging opinion here. The only thing that's clear is that nobody really wants to merge Jokes into IFH, and after the comments above, I'm inclined to change my own opinion and agree.

Archived