Summerland Comes Down Fast!

jurby and behond!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi DJ Denzel, the pics you have put on the full on fridays site are very interesting.....I never actually went in the cave as i was too young at the time it was open but always wondered what it looked like inside, now i know : ) the pics of the emptied out pool and especially the choc ice machine (remember that well) are fasinating. Would it possible to send me a few more shots of summerland/aquadrome on that visit? (says on the FOF site that you took over 600 pics??)

cheers!

• 2 months later...

As I went past the Summerland site at lunchtime it they were doing some work on it - looked like it was being painted. Would they paint it just for TT week (I could have been wrong though - Eek I'm starting to sound like Copycat now)

I think they were painting over the graffiti that has been tagged there a few times lately.

Yeh! That 'give us something to do FFS!' logo is really offensive.

You surprise me Albert, I bloody well hate graffiti. It should be painted out asap, if the brainless twats that put it there could be caught, so should they.

I think they were painting over the graffiti that has been tagged there a few times lately.

Yeh! That 'give us something to do FFS!' logo is really offensive.

You surprise me Albert, I bloody well hate graffiti. It should be painted out asap, if the brainless twats that put it there could be caught, so should they.

It was supposed to be a joke - but since you've been working all night I understand :)

I've heard that they can't proceed any more with the demolition because it would make the cliff too unstable and the houses above it might fall down. So it might end up looking like even more of an eyesore for the next few years.

Eek I'm starting to sound like Copycat now

No you're not. Copycat would have read a story about a partially demolished building in a far flung place being painted, then created a tenuous link to Summerland and somehow link it in with Douglas Corporation.

And of course (s)he would have started a completely new thread for it

what about the building that's covered in graffiti after being painted in a special paint that's supposed to be graffiti proof? this is what happens when local authority officials get to go on freebie trips see something they think will work and get manufacturers to give them free lunches and then they sanction expenditure on something that doesn't work all at ratepayers expense.

what about the building that's covered in graffiti after being painted in a special paint that's supposed to be graffiti proof? this is what happens when local authority officials get to go on freebie trips see something they think will work and get manufacturers to give them free lunches and then they sanction expenditure on something that doesn't work all at ratepayers expense.

No mention of which building. No mention of which local authority.

If I was being polite, I'd say that you were being enigmatic. If I was being honest, I'd say that you were just being a total dick - as usual.

Archived