Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

If Wilson Phillips is the tone of Stu’s show. I’m not missing anything then. 

Sounds like a normal play list for MR. 

I take it MR haven’t got a piece of music post 1994 on their files? 

I recall Manx Radios greatest ever disc jockey Jo Pack having to bring her own music in for her shows. The remarkable thing was MR had a USB point to play them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

If Wilson Phillips is the tone of Stu’s show. I’m not missing anything then. 

Sounds like a normal play list for MR. 

I take it MR haven’t got a piece of music post 1994 on their files? 

I recall Manx Radios greatest ever disc jockey Jo Pack having to bring her own music in for her shows. The remarkable thing was MR had a USB point to play them. 

They play a lot of modern stuff but it seems to be a case of Alex choosing stuff that he thinks will be down with the kids but without making grandma turn off, so it tends to be of a certain type.  As for equipment I think they have all the modern kit. I remember seeing a photo of a hairy David Callister from years ago doing Mannin Line and he looked like Logie Baird among all the ancient studio stuff, but it feels like a lot of money has gone in since then. 

So Andy Wint and whoever produces Mannin Line have decided to give the the sad woman from down north a programme next week to explain why she felt compelled to travel to London a few weeks ago and join the band of the arseholes /luvvies to cause chaos to the general public.   Perhaps she thinks that the £37 million quid that was spent on policing these Knob heads is justified, I think the NHS would have been a better cause, it usually costs £27. million to police a year to cover all public events so this was on top.   Disgusting does not come near, she was fined just £75.What a joke they should have been fined £5000 that would have concentrated their minds.    Giving these no marks air time just inflates their ego's.  Wonder how many carbon footprints she made getting there and back just like the kids that got dropped off by 4+4 s around the corner from Tynwald to demonstrate.   I am concerned about climate change and recycle, do not use plastic bags or water in plastic bottles but the actions of the rent a mob in London helps no one.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

The new Late Show:  Late,  Lonely and Lethargic...

Is it me or is this as dull as ditchwater?  There's no callers (except Old-Mate-Quirky reappeared last night) It's just disc spinning which could be pre-recorded.

Stu Peters is better than this - I predict we'll all be turning the dial

Edited by Gormless Git
  • Like 1

There's been a few callers this week. Last night 'Viv' called in too, just after Quirkie. There were plenty of txt messages.

The daytime show was getting good. Maybe too popular. The likes of Alex don't like to be upstaged (it's a luvvie thing) and sent Stu Peters to the graveyard slot. And for certain the paymasters in Tynwald did not like the freedom Talking Heads gave the public to air their views. Andy Wint is far more controllable and is onside anyway.

Edited by gettafa

On 10/29/2019 at 12:31 PM, hissingsid said:

So Andy Wint and whoever produces Mannin Line have decided to give the the sad woman from down north a programme next week to explain why she felt compelled to travel to London a few weeks ago and join the band of the arseholes /luvvies to cause chaos to the general public.   Perhaps she thinks that the £37 million quid that was spent on policing these Knob heads is justified, I think the NHS would have been a better cause, it usually costs £27. million to police a year to cover all public events so this was on top.   Disgusting does not come near, she was fined just £75.What a joke they should have been fined £5000 that would have concentrated their minds.    Giving these no marks air time just inflates their ego's.  Wonder how many carbon footprints she made getting there and back just like the kids that got dropped off by 4+4 s around the corner from Tynwald to demonstrate.   I am concerned about climate change and recycle, do not use plastic bags or water in plastic bottles but the actions of the rent a mob in London helps no one.

For a highly qualified woman  she was very poor on delivering facts, avoiding any question by saying she doesn't have the info.  Completely unprepared and did not inspire confidence in the science behind ER, or the cause itself.  Most of her argument was based on emotion (even hysteria), which as someone with a doctorate, she should have avoided.  It was painful.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

For a highly qualified woman  she was very poor on delivering facts, avoiding any question by saying she doesn't have the info.  Completely unprepared and did not inspire confidence in the science behind ER, or the cause itself.  Most of her argument was based on emotion (even hysteria), which as someone with a doctorate, she should have avoided.  It was painful.

Unfortunately that seems true for most of those interviewed from Extinction Rebellion. They can't explain the science, what they really expect, other than the unrealistic goal of carbon neutrality in the UK by 2025?

There's lots of shouting about carbon dioxide which is a trace gas in the atmosphere which can probably be controlled if some rainforests weren't being destroyed! 

The great threats are our use of water, pollution of our seas and land and natural warming of the climate.

• Like 1