Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

5 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Just listening to the patronizing crap on the radio this lunchtime. Well done that clearly intelligent school girl who realized that the idiot interviewing her was pushing her to say things she didn’t want to say and didn’t mean. What a tosser. Trying to use a child to say things that were controversial about the TT and government in general. She had more brains than him. 

Avuncular Andy, patronising, condescending and somewhat know-it-all arrogance.

I heard a bit of the earlier show and George Fergson is going to be a guest on next week's morning programme.

There's some larking about going on up at Douglas Head alright. That  £million of taxpayers' money is money well wasted.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gettafa said:

I heard a bit of the earlier show and George Fergson is going to be a guest on next week's morning programme.

There's some larking about going on up at Douglas Head alright. That  £million of taxpayers' money is money well wasted.

Have they all used the Tynwald 'cash for no questions' windfall £££s to go on holiday to sunnier & warmer climes?

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

He was a sad patronizing twat and nothing else. Amazing a child seemed to work out what he was doing in about 10 seconds. Just a really cheap tactic as he clearly hasn’t got the balls to raise any of the issues himself other than try to publicly channel opinion through trying to manipulate the replies of a child he was interviewing. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 5

I'm interested in the teacher's strike situation and believe it was discussed on Manx Radio this morning. But I just can't bear all the pop music and inane chatter between the presenters/weather girl/cleaner or whoever.

I'm not that interested enough to force myself to listen to all that just to hear the matter discussed, sandwiched between Ben's Banger and Alex's Wootton .

So it was BBC Radio4 for me.

......can someone pass me a RAJAR form.

Edited by gettafa
  • Haha 1

On 1/23/2020 at 1:09 PM, thesultanofsheight said:

Just listening to the patronizing crap on the radio this lunchtime. Well done that clearly intelligent school girl who realized that the idiot interviewing her was pushing her to say things she didn’t want to say and didn’t mean. What a tosser. Trying to use a child to say things that were controversial about the TT and government in general. She had more brains than him. 

I like Andy Wint's programme - there's much more variety and he has much wider knowledge than the last presenter!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 6:00 PM, rodders said:

I'm filling in a rajar listening diary next week. I don't know how much weight my figures will carry but Manx Radio might be in for a shock.

There was a couple of hours of 3FM, and I  listened to Stu Peters every night for an hour or two. Most of it though was 5Live and Radio 4 with a bit of the world Service thrown in. Also mentioned were Radio Merseyside and Manchester for sport.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, display name said:

It was perfect.  If you wanted to listen to pompous old gits moaning about sod all.

At least old git moaning is better than telling Ramsey school children there is no unemployment on the island.

I was waiting for the adverts, were it would state this show is sponsored by DFE.

I don't tune in anymore.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2020 at 6:00 PM, rodders said:

I'm filling in a rajar listening diary next week. I don't know how much weight my figures will carry but Manx Radio might be in for a shock.

I suspect the listening figures will be so bad...MR will probably choose not to publish them this time, or keep them quiet.

Think the new guy has grossly misread the Isle of Man audience and is indeed in for a shock.

I can't listen to MR after the news headlines at 7am. It's just awful, annoying and amateur...I for one would be glad to help word a petition against any further taxpayer subvention.

• Like 6