Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Unfortunately the BLM movement, although demanding that the debate be opened, do not want debate? They want action, but what action do they want over and above a review of policing in the USA and the prosecution of the officers involved? Any debate as to the causes of black under privilege will be stifled and without that debate we can't move forward. If people have to be afraid of using the wrong words or positioning blame the wrong way, there will only be one outcome, fascism.

IoM Creameries comment was pretty damning too, the marketing manager should also be looking for another job as she has judged Stu before any inquiry. There is ignorance on both sides in this.

Edited by Max Power
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

It's a shame that some of us on here have been so equivocal and not given him greater support. I'm not part of the fan club and I rarely listened to the show, but he didn't say anything wrong; or as some have suggested, dig a hole for himself. He was ambushed by a couple of righteous true believers and handled it very fairly and very well. He could easily have put his foot in it - but he didn't. I'm a bit surprised that the support is so tepid.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

IoM Creameries comment was pretty damning too, the marketing manager should also be looking for another job as she has judged Stu before any inquiry. There is ignorance on both sides in this.

To be fair, they can do what they like.  But, you are right, they knee jerked and threw a little more kerosene on the fire.  Perhaps next year's young farmers is going to be somewhat more mute. 

35 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Doesn't this exemplify the double standards and hypocrisy of these people?  Rather than berate Jordy for unkind comments, he is told to hide it because is doesn't fit with the narrative. 

This just such a sad episode as I fear I know the outcome because those in charge do not have the guts to stand up to these people, rather want to be seen as supporting the freedom for one side only to debate. More than that,  the police are assisting them in a gathering of well over 30 people.  Yes, they will be in groups of 10, that will last won't it?  When did the police have the authority to decide what the law is and how to bend it in this state of emergency?

I abhor racism, victimisation or bullying on any level, on all sides and by all factions.

I have tried to find a link to the events in the kebab shop that led to a man having his ear partially bitten and a plank used against him, as I would like to understand how he ended up with community service and costs against him.

I'm not sure it's fair to compare comments someone made 6 years ago (when they were presumably rather young) on their own Twitter account to comments made by someone on a public broadcast radio channel.

10 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It's a shame that some of us on here have been so equivocal and not given him greater support. I'm not part of the fan club and I rarely listened to the show, but he didn't say anything wrong; or as some have suggested, dig a hole for himself. He was ambushed by a couple of righteous true believers and handled it very fairly and very well. He could easily have put his foot in it - but he didn't. I'm a bit surprised that the support is so tepid.

Sat here in my home all this time and seeing all this develop, I get the feeling anyone showing support could well be routed out and their head put at the end of a stake and paraded at the forthcoming mob march.

Please don't tell me I am unnecessarily worrying. Because just now, if situation 'A' can happen then so can situation 'B' etc.

19 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Unfortunately the BLM movement, although demanding that the debate be opened, do not want debate? They want action, but what action do they want over and above a review of policing in the USA and the prosecution of the officers involved? Any debate as to the causes of black under privilege will be stifled and without that debate we can't move forward. If people have to be afraid of using the wrong words or positioning blame the wrong way, there will only be one outcome, fascism.

There have been lots of "reviews" of US policing. And a fair number of supposed "reforms". But yet here we are still.

This is free if you choose the Ebook option at the moment, and well worth a read: https://www.versobooks.com/books/2817-the-end-of-policing

3 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Sat here in my home all this time and seeing all this develop, I get the feeling anyone showing support could well be routed out and their head put at the end of a stake and paraded at the forthcoming mob march.

Please don't tell me I am unnecessarily worrying. Because just now, if situation 'A' can happen then so can situation 'B' etc.

Is that true? There's plenty of people posting in support of Stu in this thread, so far as I know no-one's decapitated them yet.

EDIT: And even more posting in support of him on public Facebook pages with their real names.

Edited by HeliX

9 minutes ago, NoTail said:

I have listened to the show and now read the transcript. No matter how hard I try I cant find any fault with Stu. In fact I thought he handled the onslaught very professionally. 

shush, you'll upset the pitchfork gang...