Sitting Members - One At A Time (19) Tony Brown

Lonan3

Would you vote for  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted a tentative "Yes".

I don't know much about Mr Brown. I've heard him speaking on a couple of issues in debate and thought "That guy is making sense", a rare thought indeed.

Besides, HIS shop sells useful items unlike the 50P bloke, so he must be ok.

I have always considered him to be a decent chap and he is definately approachable especially on Saturdays at his shop in Castletown. But dont ask him anything electrical !

He is very good as an auctioneer at Mhelias and being MC at various Parish functions such as the Carnival.

However he did not appear to be very successful in the departments he was responsible for, therefore presume he was kicked sideways into the Speaker's job out of harms way. However he did not cause any disasters like we have seen these last couple of years.

He did help me on one occasion, but is known for blowing a lot of air and huffing and puffing about problems that have already been sorted behind the scenes [fact], but at least his posturing is quite impressive.

I must say I was miffed by him and his side kick at Ballabeg trying to change the title of the Governor. Unforgivable that, but does sum the guy up. Wont lose him any votes though as his followers probably didnt notice the Governor thing.

Historically since TB has been MHK the voting picture in Castletown is roughly as follows -

2000 voters on the register. Of these TB can guarantee 1000 collected from Janets Corner, School Hill, Ballalough and Farrants Park estates.

The other votes - 500 will vote for someone else whilst 500 will not vote at all.

Figures are rough but the pattern is similar from previous results.

So on that basis an accountant, bank manager, school teacher or any other professional person hadly need bother, as TB will romp home with his guaranteed votes from the estates. So possibly yet another non-election in Castletown this year.

Yes I would vote for a suitable alternative, as we need a change, if only before someone recommends him for a gong. [perhaps even Sir Tone].

...I must say I was miffed by him and his side kick at Ballabeg trying to change the title of the Governor. Unforgivable that, but does sum the guy up. Wont lose him any votes though as his followers probably didnt notice the Governor thing....

Only on the Island of Man :)

Despite his past, this guy must surely now have the very word 'establishment' branded in to his DNA.

Time for change. Time for change.

I had been prepared to have a bit of a go at this one but I've decided to temper my comments.

Instead, I will simply point out that he has proved only marginally more popular than Richard Corkill and that, on a personal level, if I was offered a choice between the two, I'd consider the former CM far more reliable, dependable and honest.

I sincerely hope that someone will stand against Mr Brown this time and bring an end to his time in the House of Keys.

However he did not cause any disasters like we have seen these last couple of years.

He was DOLGE Minister at the time of the Mount Murray doings.

For those of you who don't know (and apologies to those of you who do) DOLGE includes the Planning Department, who got slated in the inquiry/report.

Archived